How Much Would You Pay..

• Sponsors (?)

About $650US assuming the heads have been recently reconditioned, with a fresh valve job and better springs. About $250 less if not.

EDIT....sorry, I missed the 1.7 RR earlier. Price adjusted.

Last edited:
Very interesting. I offered the dude 300, and if he didn't accept, i was gonna offer 400. He said he had 1k in the setup. I can't imagine how much he'd want, but theres no way in hell id pay 1k for GT40 iron heads. Id just get a used set of aluminum heads or some Edelbrock E-street heads.

Ahhhh, I love it when people get taken and then attempt to recoup their losses by trying to get their money back out if the next guy.

Pass on them, hit up http://www.car-part.com and find your own set, delivered to your door for about 1/3 of what this clown is asking. Even if you paid for a new valve job, springs and seals you'll still likely not have much more than about half his asking sunk into the heads and intake.

Ahhhh, I love it when people get taken and then attempt to recoup their losses by trying to get their money back out if the next guy.

Pass on them, hit up http://www.car-part.com and find your own set, delivered to your door for about 1/3 of what this clown is asking. Even if you paid for a new valve job, springs and seals you'll still likely not have much more than about half his asking sunk into the heads and intake.

Hawaii, the land where everything you buy is 100% more expensive than the mainland...

Funny, i saw a dude a month back with a set of GT40 heads and explorer intake locally for 450.

We don't get anything delivered to our door here in Hawaii without a HUGE shipping cost! I bet shipping on a pair of heads is at least $250 or more. I will look around for you. I have an explorer lower, but might end up using it. If I find something I will give you a shout.

Chris

Reactions: 1 user
We don't get anything delivered to our door here in Hawaii without a HUGE shipping cost! I bet shipping on a pair of heads is at least $250 or more. I will look around for you. I have an explorer lower, but might end up using it. If I find something I will give you a shout.

Chris

This is what happens when threads get buried from new ones popping up.

Thanks man. I have a lead on a cobra upper from a guy in Ft. Shafter but no lower.