how much would youy pay

jd4x426

May 22, 2009
i found a 1994 mustang gt 5.0 motor jba headers and exhaust with h pipe bandm short throw shifter msd ignition wires cap and coil cold air intake underdrive pulleys american racing torque thrust wheels chrome and good tires also has brembo drilled and slotted rotors and hawk performance pads it needs an o2 sensors and about $200-$300 in body work im really thinking about getting it i will be trading my truck for it and want see how much it would be worth thanx for any input

• Sponsors (?)

sorry about that il post a pic then

Attachments

• mustang 001.jpg
    mustang 001.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 106
  • mustang 002.jpg
    mustang 002.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 110
Aside from missing a side skirt and having a few scrapes that I can see, it doesn't look bad. Is that driver's side rocker panel pushed in some, too? I'd probably low ball the hell out of them and offer something like $1,500 to start, but I wouldn't pay any more than $2,500 for a car that needs bodywork. I think you're underestimating the cost of the repairs by at least $1,500, but probably more than that.

he has a new side skirt and fender that go with just need paint and i can handle that i should have mentioned that i was thinking around $3000 for my truck so would you say it would be a pretty even trade

Paint work isn't cheap. To paint that rocker, they'd need to paint the whole door and likely blend into the fender and quarter panel, to achieve a good match. It starts adding up in a hurry. I bet you could find one that doesn't need that work for a similar price, or just a bit more. There's deals to be had out there; this, to me does not seem like one of them.

The rest of the car looks to be in pretty good shape, but it's the paint work that's going to bite ya. If you're good with a rattlecan, you could very likely get decent results by having a paint supply shop mix up a rattlecan with your paint code and save quite a bit of money. I just can't personally justify a few grand on a car that needs some bodywork, but I've also never even tried to claim to be a bodyman. Shadetree mechanic, absolutely. Put a hammer and dolley in my hands and I might make it worse than before I started. :)

i did body work and painting for a year or so i could definitely make it blend probably for just the cost of the paint and some other small supplies probably like $200 if idont have to get any other body panels

Oh hell, I wish I knew that up front. lol... I was assuming the body work was something that would be farmed out to others, not self-performed. I'd still low ball the price, but you could probably do the work for a lot cheaper than I was initially figuring.