How to celebrate paying the Mustang off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95.0Stang

Feb 20, 2003
Kansas
I am getting a settlement for about $10k and I owe about that much on the Mustang which is about my biggest debt and monthly payment. I should be getting my check in the next 7-10 days and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how to celebrate the payoff?

I can tell you I am super excited about having an extra $400/mo to play with for sure!!!

Jared

• Sponsors (?)

Uh paying the car off is a great idea. I mean if you want you can also use like half for the loan and half in savings, but I would rather have the car payed off BEFORE I bought a house. Thats what I did and I made sure I could afford the house/bills one my own with what I was getting paid at the time (which is quite a bit less than now). Not saying that advice is bad but one less debt is nice when you first buy a house.

Uh paying the car off is a great idea. I mean if you want you can also use like half for the loan and half in savings, but I would rather have the car payed off BEFORE I bought a house. Thats what I did and I made sure I could afford the house/bills one my own with what I was getting paid at the time (which is quite a bit less than now). Not saying that advice is bad but one less debt is nice when you first buy a house.

definitely truth to that.

There's a certain satisfaction paying off a debt. A few years ago, I had a similar circumstance. Got 10k, went straight to the bank and paid off a small note, a personal loan, and a credit card (which I then cancelled).

It was such a relief. As you said, freeing up that $400/mo is pretty significant.

Now the challenge is to save it up (if you want a house), or have some self-control with it. :)

As celebration, take it to the track and have some fun. :Track: I was going to say do a burn out, but going to the track is more fun. Plus, if you go to the track, you can still do your burn out without any risk of a ticket. :D Same thing for taking her to 100+mph. Not another place in the US you can take your car past 100mph without risking a ticket or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.