How to convert a 94-98 Mustang radio bezel to the 01+ double din

amplifier28

Apr 16, 2005
aside from picking up the bezel. how much material needs to be chopped away from behind? Also, is there anything that needs to be added behind the dash to secure a double din radio in there?

• Sponsors (?)

i installed the newer style radio bezel in my car too. quite a bit has to come out.

pop out shifter boot bezel, pop out radio bezel, remove the bracket that holds the 2 head units in place ( 2 bolts way in the back attached to firewall), remove 2 ears where the bezel attaches to the dash, remove a section of material at the bottom dash.

here are some pics

tab_removed_one_sm.jpg

View attachment 310621

View attachment 310622

i plan to install the newer style bezel on my 94 gt vert' so i can install a sony double din dvd/cd stereo and remove my single din alpine dvd/cd stereo. i will then take the alpine an install it into my 02 f-150 truck. i will try to rewire the foglights and defrost to the switches at the bottom of the bezel. i also plan to delete the two switches from where they were originally located by buying a new dash cluster bezel and a coin delete for the foglight switch. hope everything works out great!