• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

How to do this, how to do that? GOD....

  • Thread starter Thread starter me27821
  • Start date Start date May 3, 2006
M

me27821

Member
Oct 18, 2002
47
0
6
Long Island
May 3, 2006
#1
  • May 3, 2006
  • #1
So everytime I try to take something apart on my car, I can't figure it out. Then I come look for a remove/install guide online, and cant find anything at all. This time, it's the steering column. I'm trying to take the 2 plastic peices off, so I can repaint them. I got the bottom off, but not the top, Because that Black keyhole thing is in the way. It sounds funny when you don't know what things are really called. So, instead of me filling up these forums with dumb questions all the time, is there a website, or a book that tells you all this?
 

Skymarshal

Member
Nov 5, 2004
572
0
16
Dallas
May 3, 2006
#2
  • May 3, 2006
  • #2
Normally the only guide that would go into that kind of detail would be the Ford shop manual, and that's $$$.

For stuff like that, you're kind of on your own. If you're referring to the plastic clamshell pieces that wrap around the steering column, I believe I had that off when I upgraded my steering wheel to a GT leather take-off. The bezel around the ignition key just pries out, and then the top shell can be taken off.

You probably already know this, but be careful working around the airbag!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
176
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
S
Car shakes when taking off help???
  • STANKYstangs
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
443
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 27, 2026
LILCBRA
G
1991 GT 5.0 running hot
  • gvanginkel403
  • Jul 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
241
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
General karthief
D
Progress Thread Today in the shed........
  • Don7Up
  • May 5, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
33
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
LILCBRA
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
471
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?