How To Get More Hp Out Of My Pony?

• Sponsors (?)

money? moneys not the problem, my dad is paying for everything no budget, my mechanic said that i would be pushing it with a 302 to have 350HP... I just wanted to see what you guys thought? its a 1968 mustang coupe 289 bored out to a 302, it has new heads, racing cam, 650 holley carb, new rocker arms, edelbrock performer air gap intake. Thats all i know, i dont know the specs on the cam or heads????? I cant get it dynod for a while because the brakes and suspension are being done:( Tell me if you need any more information,

Thanks,
Jeremiah

Assuming you want to keep the block (by the way if you overbored the 289 out to 302ci you're gonna overheat, the 302 was a stroked 289 not a bored 289) the best you can get is a 347 stroker kit and a blower.

Drop $10K into the motor and you should see about 450fwhp (maybe a bit more) with reliability and streetability not being sacrificed too much.

68stang302 said:
money? moneys not the problem, my dad is paying for everything no budget, my mechanic said that i would be pushing it with a 302 to have 350HP... I just wanted to see what you guys thought? its a 1968 mustang coupe 289 bored out to a 302, it has new heads, racing cam, 650 holley carb, new rocker arms, edelbrock performer air gap intake. Thats all i know, i dont know the specs on the cam or heads????? I cant get it dynod for a while because the brakes and suspension are being done:( Tell me if you need any more information,

Thanks,
Jeremiah

In that case, can we get your dad's e-mail address just to make sure we're suggesting parts that are expensive enough? :rolleyes: :nice: :D :rlaugh: :lol:

68stang302 said:

Thanks,
Jeremiah

I just want to know if you have done a search on any of this.

Edbert said:
Assuming you want to keep the block (by the way if you overbored the 289 out to 302ci you're gonna overheat, the 302 was a stroked 289 not a bored 289)

I was under the impression that you would have to bore out a 289 past .080" to get to 302 inches which would leave little room for a wall. Build a 347 from your stock block sounds like an excellent suggestion, since money isn't a factor . . .

68stang302 said:
I Have A 1968 Mustang Coupe(302) How Can I Get It To 350hp?

Try this:

DSC00294small.jpg

Meyerhoff Lifters, Fletzer XXVII Carb, custom ground Johnson Rod, octane converter, and more to come.

68stang302 said:

Thanks,
Jeremiah
Get a 351W crate engine stroked and poked to 427 and power will not be a problem just a look at Post #3 by thehueypilot power is not a problem.