How to get my 96 mustang gt seat lower

lsubadboy

Oct 19, 2004
Yes I just put all new foam in my from seats but now I sit way to high up I even switched to the 99-04 seat frames cuz they had an extra button for moving your seats still didn’t work is there any way to or do y’all know any after market seat rails that maybe are lower that it will bring my seat down plus I’m 6ft 3 250 but it’s going to take years to get these seat foams to wear any thing like my old ones please let me know if any one knows what I could do

• Sponsors (?)

A turkey carving knife could have trimmed the bottom off the foam before they were put in. I had the same problem in my 91. There, the seat bracket rail feet can be cut and welded back about an inch on one end and an inch and a half shorter on the other end. Do you have carpet clearance to do that?

@Noobz347 to be clear, do you want pictures of his seat, the car’s seat, or his head hitting the headliner?

I just caught an Overhaulin’ where Foose and crew lowered the floor and extended the rockers in a tri-6 Impala for Shaq. They had a spare shoe to make sure his feet would fit under the dash and moved the seat back. That’s pretty extreme on a not rusted out car, but there is more than one way to lower a seat.

Last edited: