How to plus smog pipe on o/r x-pipe?

Hoytster

I don't dare do that to my Knob
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 30, 2002
Cornwall, PA
How to plug smog pipe on o/r x-pipe?

I was wondering what the best way to cap the smog pipe hole on my o/r x-pipe? I was going to leave it connected but there is no where to mount the stock AIR pipe to and it's rattling around on my trans and x-pipe.

Also, what could I use to plug the rubber air line coming off the back of the smog pump that goes to that AIR pipe? I want to leave as much emissions stuff on (we have emissions around here) so that if I have to put a catted pipe on for testing I can.

• Sponsors (?)

95Black50 said:
I was wondering what the best way to cap the smog pipe hole on my o/r x-pipe? I was going to leave it connected but there is no where to mount the stock AIR pipe to and it's rattling around on my trans and x-pipe.

Also, what could I use to plug the rubber air line coming off the back of the smog pump that goes to that AIR pipe? I want to leave as much emissions stuff on (we have emissions around here) so that if I have to put a catted pipe on for testing I can.
A whole lot of JB Weld works great.
Tim

zenboy99 said:
You can leave it open, but it might whistle when you drive around. I crimped mine with a vice then later had it welded shut.

That's a good idea. I knew I could get a copper pipe cap for it but I wasn't sure if how to attach it (not sure if solder would hold).

After thinking about it I could probably use a copper pipe cap to plug the line coming off the smog pump also.