how to remove oil stains from driveway?

timeless2

Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
the Shadow Gallery
What chemical or method is best for removing diesel fuel or oil stains from concrete, as in the driveway? I had a 4th of July party and someone's diesel drooled (sp?) fuel and oil on my pavement! Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Try some oil dry. It's like kitty litter. Sprinkle some on the stain and use your foot to work it in. You'll have to apply some force but this tuff wors great. We use it work to remove oil stains. You can either sweep it up or suck it up with a shop vac. Pearl02.

I use a pressure washer, and if it's really bad, let it soak for a bit with Dawn or some type of degreaser first... There are several brands that come in a jug and work very well. Prestone is the only one I can think of right now...

if it is an old stain kitty litter or oil dry is not going to do much.

you will need a solvent or cleaner of some kind of some kind.

if it is one spot I would probably do the gas or solvent and a brush.

if it was the all over the driveway I would use a detergent of some kind (would not want to use that much gas or solvent) and a stiff brisseled broom to do the scrubing.

git-it-83 said:
Will the oil dry work well even though this crap has now baked in the hot sun for about 2 days now?
You'll be amazed just how well oil dry works. I don't think it's that expensive. I keep it around to clean up oil spills. We use it to clean up red dye spills and concrete. Some of it has been sitting awhile. If it doesn't work, try some degreaser or a power washer. Pearl02.