How To Restore a Cracked Dashboard - This is worth a look

• Sponsors (?)

I think what I'd do is repair the dash pad, then take it to an upholsterer and see about having it covered in vinyl or leather or something similar. Either that or figure out some way to give it a more stock texture and paint it. I'm not too sure about the fabric fibers for the dash, but it does look pretty damned good in the video.

Very nice....but can you imagine the fibers getting kicked up when cruising at 60 with the windows open. Might not be too bad after a few trips but that first one is guaranteed to kick some up.

I see that not too many think much of their finish coat. It doesn't seem like it would be very durable.

I like the idea of recovering with leather. My 86 has the Canyon Red interior. I'm over it and will never sell it so... I think I'm going with a saddle leather trim interior. My alternate/accommodating color will probably be black with a lot more plastic showing than in this image:

I would put the suede in the seat pan and lumbar and do the same leather on the dash cap but probably not the dash or console.

Shift boot, E-brake handle, E-brake boot, and arm rest in saddle leather.

Eh... No wine bottle holster but maybe a "Sneaky Pete" :shrug: @FastDriver for the boost plenum nozzle :D

I haven't done upholstery before but I made these:
20190518_154444-jpg.jpg

:shrug:

Reactions: 1 user