How to tell a used GT 350 is consuming oil?

Hello, I have been researching used GT 350s. Actually, probably a 17-18. I have been reading some of these cars are having oil consumption issues. Is there a way to tell if the car is using oil without taking the dealership or previous owners word for it? Are there telltale signs without driving or owning the car a few thousand miles? Or can it be checked out by another shop perhaps? I would appreciate some advice on this. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

My friend has one that burns a quart every three tanks of gas. The dealer said it could be fixed , but the motor would have to come out. He is opting to keep it the way it is . He doesn't trust the long term problems of having it all apart. He says the car is dangerously fast.

Thanks for the information guys. I guess people are just trusting the information they get or really who cares. LOL. It’s quite a significant purchase though. Would hate to get a lemon.
Just thought of another question. If the car is equipped with catch cans, is a person able to check in those?

Sometimes, if the rate of consumption is high ebough, and the problem persists long enough, then a good giveaway is a lot of soot at the exhaust pipe.

of course that assumes the owner doesn’t clean it all off.