How well does your vert ac work

ponypowa2

May 17, 2004
Destin, FL
I am curious as to how well the a/c works in other verts, my compressor has been replaced and refilled, but on hot 90 degree weather days here in florida it seems very mediocre, sometimes not cool enough. Works great at night though. I was wondering if everyone elses was the same.

• Sponsors (?)

same here. i just fixed it about 2 months ago and here in south texas, we wake up to 80degree weather and up to 110 on hotter days but always in the 90s, my car hardly cools during the day. i'm planning on taking it one more time since this would be the third time.i was thinking that if it kept doing the same i'll just remove the whole a/c system and save some weight.

Mine works quite well, for the most part. My weather stripping and the seal on my back window is pretty bad, so it doesn't hold the inside temperature in like it used to. On hot days, I generally have to have it on one of the two middle settings to keep cool. At night, I practically freeze on the low fan setting after a little while.

humm working A/C thats and idea....mine has a leak in one of the Coolant lines ford wanted 400 to replace it...and i found that out in the fall so i was like ehh i dont need it..but now that summer is coming i am thinking about fixing it

a/c in a vert??? thats like having a football with no legs. whats the point?? just put the top down and drive faster :D . i have a short belt on my car without the a/c and smog and it gets warm sometimes but when i did have my a/c running, it honestly felt like i could chill a beer in about a minute it was so cold. my buddy's a/c in his 01 cobra vert is just ok tho. nuthin too special

HazMat404 said:
a/c in a vert??? thats like having a football with no legs. whats the point?? just put the top down and drive faster :D . i have a short belt on my car without the a/c and smog and it gets warm sometimes but when i did have my a/c running, it honestly felt like i could chill a beer in about a minute it was so cold. my buddy's a/c in his 01 cobra vert is just ok tho. nuthin too special

:rlaugh: You live in Illinois. Your opinion doesn't count!!! j/k

Here in EL DESIERTO DE INFIERNO, A.K.A. Arizona, a/c is a must unless you are suicidal. I just recharged my a/c system. When it's 110-120, the a/c blowing on HI right at my face feels soooooooooo good. It certainly doesn't freeze me out though.

At night, that is a different story. On low, I have to turn the thermostat to 10-11 o'clock or I grow ice on my face.

You might want to check to see how much pressure you have. It should be around 40psi or so (low pressure side). If it isn't, you need more refridgerant.
Scott