How would DSG with black stripes look?

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
Whell, im FINALLY about to paint my car, and ive decided on DSG....But i was thinking, since im going to try and attempt to paint it myself, i should try and go with some stripes, and since i got a gallon of black paint, how would the DSG and black look?

Here are some pics....BUT, is anyone good at photoshop?
DSG color i want::drool:
dsg.jpg

My car:nonono:
DSC01438.JPG

Anyone good at photoshop?!?:shrug:

Attachments

• dsg.jpg
    dsg.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC01438.JPG
    DSC01438.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Sponsors (?)

i think it would look HAWT....but I think black top dsg lower would look wicked too alone the ridge bodylike jus tbavoe the door handles and up that part black lower dsg. im gonna do two tone when i get a paint job way down the road, two tone along that line looks like its made to be like that IMO. and im one that doest usually like two tones.

Kyle, I did a real quick (and crappy) chop to try to give you an idea.

DSG
dsg2.jpg

DSG w/ Stripes
dsg2-stripe.jpg

Black (just to see)
black.jpg

And for the record, that's a pretty hard picture to chop good 'cause of all of the weird reflections from the trees. . .

Attachments

• dsg2.jpg
    dsg2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 126
  • dsg2-stripe.jpg
    dsg2-stripe.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 94
  • black.jpg
    black.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 99
Im not a big fan of strips...but done right, they can be VERY sweet. How about u take some DSG and mix a little black in it for the stripes? I think that would have a sweet affect.

I also LOVE the two tone look that popped up not too long ago with the black top and red bottom. Not at the body line but at the pillars. U know what im talking about...that red car that was posted up.

Bastid! :mad: :D You already got your turbo setup, and now you're stealing my idea! lol :Damnit: I think it'll look sweet, I was planning on doing the same thing to mine, probably in the spring.

No, actually you both stole my idea. Not only can you not do this for that reason alone, but you're also in Mass which puts you entirely too close.

On a more serious note, you're chrome rims won't look good on that car. That's why when I get that paint job I'm using black FR500s. I've just never been a fan of chrome rims on a silverish car.

Now what you could do, and what I think looks awesome with chrome, is a black car with two white stripes.

- Adam