Howdy From San Antonio

robertsa

Apr 22, 2017
San Antonio
I'm finally at a point in my life where I can own another toy; I've previously owned a '66, '87, and my drag car, a 2000 Gt. In December, I picked up a 2003 Gt, true blue, 80,000 miles, tr3650, and stock besides a POS air intake. I then promptly had surgery and had to watch the danged thing sit until April...

I've spent the last couple months taking out some of the junk the kid that owned it before put in, like the cheap head unit, crappy subs, "race seats," etc. I've nearly got all the parts I need to make it a charcoal interior again instead of parchment; that was another thing that was donked up.

Anyways, considering creating a makeover thread. In the last month, I've replaced brakes, shocks/struts, inner/outer tie rods, sway bar links, the rear spoiler he tried to repaint himself, installed FRPP B springs, front control arms, the intake manifold (typical coolant leak from cracked plastic), a couple of gaskets to knock off some other small leaks, swapped trans/diff/coolant fluids, installed an MGW shifter, new tires, and probably a few other things that escape me at the moment.

About the time I finished up that work, I decided to go an entirely different route. I've got a couple turbos on the way and am researching buying vs building a bottom end for it. I was up until 0330 this morning ripping out all my new front end parts to install a Team Z k member and coilover kit. I suppose I'll throw those parts up online and try to recoup some of that money. I'm headed back out tonight to work on finishing up the front end, just waiting on the UPS man to drop off my offset steering rack bushing.

I look forward to interacting with fellow enthusiasts. One of my favorite things about this hobby is the camaraderie, competition, and friendly ribbing.

Before%20k%20member_zpsssz5npxn.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Edge mustangs always look so badass when rodded correctly.

Look around our '96-'04 subforums, you'll find lots of interest and help with your build.

Glad to have you with us.

Reactions: 1 user