Hp Gains With Bolt On Mods.. Any Ideas???

Mustang PD135

Jun 15, 2012
Hey everyone! I just joined the forum today and I want to start by saying hello to everyone. I own a 03 GT 5-speed and I'm no stranger to Stangs. In fact in the past two years I've owned 4 different Stangs ranging from 2000 to 2007. I love them and personally they are the best muscle cars on the road!!

So, I've been putting some easy bolt on Mods to my 03 GT and I'm just curious to see if anyone had a ball park idea on HP gains. Now the car only has 50,000 miles and the motor has not been mistreated nor ran hard. Obviously the best way to find out would be go to a Dyno right? Well, I would, but I don't necessarily live close to one so I just go by ball park figure, but I would like some other opinions as well. Okay, so here's what I have and keep in mind I have no tunes on any upgrade. BBK Cold Air Intake, Accufab 75mm Throttle Body and Plenum Combo. Magnaflow True X-pipe, Magna Flow Axelback Exhaust. My first goal with the car was to make it breath better. I still have the factory headers so that's going to be the next upgrade. Everything else is Factory original.

I'm figuring with all the upgrades about an extra 10-15 HP. Any one else think that's accurate? I would really appreciate any feed back. Thanks a lot.

• Sponsors (?)

These cars stock make 225-230. Full bolt-ons (which is what you have plus long tube headers, UDPs, and a tune) makes 265, give or take a few. I'd say the intake mods you have a worth a solid 10, offroad X is worth 10, and LTs/tune is worth 15. So I'd guess you're making a solid 15 rwhp more, maybe closer to 20, than stock.

These cars stock make 225-230. Full bolt-ons (which is what you have plus long tube headers, UDPs, and a tune) makes 265, give or take a few. I'd say the intake mods you have a worth a solid 10, offroad X is worth 10, and LTs/tune is worth 15. So I'd guess you're making a solid 15 rwhp more, maybe closer to 20, than stock.