Electrical HVAC problem on my 89....no blower whatsoever

May 8, 2005
Putting my car back together after a few mods, and now my HVAC doesn't seem to work. Not the typical vacuum line problem (had that earlier and figured it out pretty quickly.

My blower doesn't come on at all. I took it apart, and tried chasing the wires down using this diagram:
mustang88AC_Controls.gif

This is what the current wiring looks like, which doesn't seem to line up with the above, but I don't recall the wires becoming displaced when I removed the HVAC control panel:
20210627_115556.jpg

Which is the correct configuration, and also, does anyone know where I can get a replacement connector? that seems to be the one that is a mystery even to google.

• Sponsors (?)

Putting my car back together after a few mods, and now my HVAC doesn't seem to work. Not the typical vacuum line problem (had that earlier and figured it out pretty quickly.

My blower doesn't come on at all. I took it apart, and tried chasing the wires down using this diagram:
mustang88AC_Controls.gif

This is what the current wiring looks like, which doesn't seem to line up with the above, but I don't recall the wires becoming displaced when I removed the HVAC control panel:
20210627_115556.jpg

Which is the correct configuration, and also, does anyone know where I can get a replacement connector? that seems to be the one that is a mystery even to google.
PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

The plug shapes on the diagrams match the plug shapes on the actual plug. The diagram is divided up by the layout of the car. The first diagram is for the very front of the car, and it works its way to the rear of the car page by page.

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. If you don't have Windows 7 or Windows 8, or later, you’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file.. See www.majorgeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities for a free download.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html - Adobe Reader download - All versions

PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

The plug shapes on the diagrams match the plug shapes on the actual plug. The diagram is divided up by the layout of the car. The first diagram is for the very front of the car, and it works its way to the rear of the car page by page.

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. If you don't have Windows 7 or Windows 8, or later, you’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file.. See www.majorgeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities for a free download.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html - Adobe Reader download - All versions
message sent