• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Hydroboost/calipers for a 79 coupe

  • Thread starter Thread starter 79praline
  • Start date Start date Nov 15, 2020
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
W

Werecow91

Member
Jul 11, 2020
39
15
18
Wise, Virginia
Nov 19, 2020
#21
  • Nov 19, 2020
  • #21
Yeh I really wanna follow this tight as well.. see I wanna keep the 4 lug style hubs and axles on mine as well. I'll be limited to a 10in disc on the back and an 11in on the front as I'm gnna be using 15 in wheels.. Yeh I know.... But I've got a thing for the old 10 hole style wheels... I just love the look!!
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,335
18,060
224
Massachusetts
Nov 19, 2020
#22
  • Nov 19, 2020
  • #22
Werecow91 said:
Ive actually had a conversation with the people from LMR about changing the high pressure hose over to fit the power steering pump from a F-350 that came equipped with hydroboost. Said pump will bolt up to my factory mounting bracket and adequately supply a hydroboost system. Only issue I have is I don't have a complete hose shop in my little garage/shed and I'm still about a year or so away from dropping the bug block in my car.. Gotta get it ready ya know... So it doesn't necessarily have to be electric or a PBJ system to work, there are other power steering pumps that work, it's just a matter of finding what fits..
Click to expand...


I'm using a 1990 Ford Escort pump. Bolted up fine to the stock bracket, uses the same 14mm fitting as the stock fox pump, and has the right plumbing for the the remote reservoir. I believe the 87-88 T-bird turbo coupe pump is another option as well as it's a hydroboost setup and uses the same style pump

In fact, I think the LMR Coyote swap PBR kit would work with this setup. I just don't want to spend the $450 to be the test pilot.





And yeah, there should be one master hydroboost thread because this info is tough to find on the net, as well as there being 50 ways to do it, and some of them are wrong. (like wrong fittings uses that won't reliably seal)
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
SN95 Another Coyote swap list
  • catkiller
  • May 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
278
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 8, 2026
bjornsn95
B
G
79 steering rack problems
  • garyrc
  • Mar 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
170
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 8, 2026
AeroCoupe
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
144
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
E
Finished my Fox Hydroboost Install - Tips
  • Engineer Duane
  • Apr 9, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 5, 2025
Engineer Duane
E
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
323
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?