I am going insane, someone please help!!! Weld wheels and cobra brakes!

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Alright so my new GT has cobra brakes all the way around. I already know the story with the front's. Pretty much a 15" wheel aint going to fit unless I run a spacer. Understood. I am more worried about the rear. I have the factory GT rear with the cobra 11.XX" brakes. I have some people tell me that 15"x8" welds with 5.5" backspace or 15"x10" with 6.5" backspace will work and some say wont work because I have a solid rear. I cant afford to buy a set of wheels and find out they dont fit, and I am not grinding or cutting or anything. Now, I found someone with some 16" Weld Draglite XP's that I am 75% sure will fit, but I would rather have Pro Stars, but can deal with Draglite's because its just for track use. I also found some pro star xp's but in 15x9". Anyone have an awnser. I am going crazy trying to figure what will and wont fit.:shrug: And I have done A LOT of searching and reading trying to figure this out

• Sponsors (?)

Come on guys!!!

the guy already paid to have cobra brakes and put the time into installing them!!
He is not going to downgrade now...

I'm interested on an answer to this too since I have the same brakes.
There has to be a wheel that fits it....
What are the 2001 cobra and Mach people using???