i beat an srt-10

legalize420

May 21, 2005
South Florida
i thought the results would be totally different. i guess yea its heavy, but still. anyways i accidentally dumped it a little too much and spun a little too much and got a 2.2 60'. it was pretty close. he beat me in the 1/8 ( 8.9@80 to my 9.017@82) but i think it was because i spun too much. i ended up getting the better 1/4 time and mph. i cant wait to get off the street tires. i have a decent commision check next month so i am definetly getting some better rubber. srt-10 [email protected], me [email protected], cant wait till i finally get to 105. ive got so close the last few weeks. my best run tonight was [email protected] with a 2.139. i know i can go 12's with better rubber. i cant wait. anyways just thought id share the result:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

nice, those truck are pretty cool, i saw one on the road the other day, but for the 9-11 MPG ill pass on that, does the lighting get better Gas mileage?

2004 Dodge SRT-10 Specifications
Vehicle Type
Two-seat, performance pickup

Engine

Type: 10-cylinder, 90-degree V-type, liquid cooled
Displacement: 8.3-liter (505 cu. in.)
Horsepower: 500 bhp @5,600 rpm
Torque: 525 lb.-ft. @4,200 rpm

Transmission

Manual, six-speed with Hurst shifter mechanism and linkage

Dimensions

Wheelbase: 120.5
Box Length: 6'3"
Track, Front: 68.5
Track, Rear: 67.9
Overall Length: 203.1
Overall Width: 79.9
Overall Height: 74.4
Fuel Tank Capacity: 26 gal
Curb Weight (estimated): 5,000 lbs.

Wheels and Tires

Tires: Pirelli Scorpion Zero 305/40 YR 22
Wheels: Forged aluminum "Viper-style" 22 x 10 inch
Performance (estimated)

0-60 mph 5.2 sec.
0-80 mph 8.4 sec.
Standing ¼ mile 13.8 sec.
Top Speed 150 mph

Lightnings do get a couple more MPG, but it's nothing significant. Man, do I want one lol. Full exhaust, maf/cai, tune :hail2: Thats all I need. :drool:

I was pulling out of a shopping center a couple months ago, and a guy in a modded lightning did a fly by on me, and downshifted right next to my door.:drool: :drool: :drool: OMG this thing was soooooo loud. They are just not practicle for a college student's DD, and there is no way in hell I could afford one as a second car.

There is a guy down here at VT drivin a red L around with charcoal color stock wheels and smoked headlights/tails...sounds lightly modded, prob exhaust and pulley w/ a tune...

I drool every time he drives by. The sad thing is it gets parked in the commuter lots on campus...by far the worst place you can park a car. Just pray for no dings or people hitting your car.

svt_L said:
my Lightning doesn't get to bad of gas mileage, it probably gets around 16 mpg

I bet once you're done with the buildup Tom was tellin me about, it won't get quite as good mileage lol....but the monster power will make up for that.:nice:

btw he told me the project might be getting put on hold, that sucks man, hope it works out.