• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

I CANNOT WIN!

  • Thread starter Thread starter stprorolla49
  • Start date Start date Jun 6, 2007
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

WhiteStallionGT

Member
Aug 19, 2004
465
0
17
Northern VA / VT
Jun 7, 2007
#21
  • Jun 7, 2007
  • #21
Damn that really sucks to hear meng. Hope it works out in the end.
 

WhiteDevil

New Member
Feb 4, 2003
2,717
0
0
San Diego
Jun 7, 2007
#22
  • Jun 7, 2007
  • #22
stprorolla49 said:
$320 to change a $20 part.
Click to expand...

I bought that piece for $15 that is unbelievable!!
 

Blackened302

Active Member
Jul 21, 2005
1,439
0
36
South TX
Jun 7, 2007
#23
  • Jun 7, 2007
  • #23
Stealership strikes again!

thanks for the pic, Eddie!
 

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
3,690
0
56
Republic, MO
Jun 7, 2007
#24
  • Jun 7, 2007
  • #24
Holy crap... $320 - I should start doing this on the side. LOL

As Hissin' said, I changed mine without dropping the tank. It's not fun, but it's not worth $320 either.

Mine pissed on my leg while I was filling it up. I had shorts on. Talk about insulting. I knew my gas was going to leak back out, so I was REALLY bad to the car. Might as well use the gas before it's gone right?
 

fox racer

Member
Jun 22, 2004
577
0
16
Staten Island, NYC
Jun 7, 2007
#25
  • Jun 7, 2007
  • #25
You can't win? How about my weekend last weekend:
I tape up the fenders, clear the engine bay (just a shortblock), tape off wiring and so forth. MINUTES before I put down the first layer of primer clouds show up. Dammit. Start spraying, then boom, RAIN. I rip the all the stuff off the fenders, shut the hood, and get lunch. Come back, it's sunny. I decide to swap cams. A timing cover bolt snaps, being seized to the T/C. I shatter the T/C hitting it with a hammer (Kind of wanted to), but hey, it's off. I SOAK the seized bolt in Penetrating lube, let it sit, constantly spraying it. No luck, snaps inside the block. OK, I lost my mind by now, but the whole cam swap went smoothly and as expected. But I'm not done, since Ford's ****ty design of hanving the T/C park of the oil pan, I dropped **** in my pan, so I need to drop that AGAIN. Anyone want a black notch?
 

stprorolla49

Active Member
Oct 9, 2004
1,455
15
39
Fairfield, CT/North Jersey
Jun 7, 2007
#26
  • Jun 7, 2007
  • #26
Well it gets even WORSE!! Im driving home from the dealer and the car starts to overheat! I look over at the autometer, and its at 250*! So i shut it down and looked over the motor, there was plenty of coolant, so my dad told me the thermostat probably got stuck so i whacked it with a small hammer, and it started to cool off slowly as i drove. So then im looking at the reciept from Ford and it says i have a nail in my tire and theres a slow leak...but they didnt tell me, and they didnt offer to fix it at the dealer. So i go to firestone, get the nail out, and then i go to leave and i thought well maybe the cooling fans just arent working. But i checked, and they were turning on at 212* like they should. Well i drive back to my friends house where im staying, and shut it off. Go inside and eat and my dad calls. He tells me to drive it around the block a few times and see if the fan keeps cycling like it should. Well it does for about 10 minutes...they come on at 212, it goes to like 215ish, then it comes back down to 210, and keeps doing that. Then after about 10 minutes, it just started climbing to 245 where i shut it down. Any ideas here?
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Difference between 83-86 EFI and 87-97 gas tanks?
  • ForeverDrivin
  • Mar 30, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
392
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 30, 2026
ForeverDrivin
F
H
Fuel starvation issues, 91 EFI to carb swap. Car dying after 1-3 gallons used. EFI tank, electric fuel pump, bypass regulator. Dual fed carb
  • hassler
  • Oct 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
870
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 12, 2025
nickyb
D
Fox 88 foxbody no power to red and black wire at fuel pump relay
  • drod88
  • Dec 1, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
416
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 2, 2025
Mcmahst
L
2003 mustang v6 3.8 fuel issue
  • lacole1
  • Jul 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
142
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 26, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
New fuel pump relay
  • Scrapla347
  • Nov 3, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 8, 2025
Scrapla347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?