I Got a Big tranny Problem

I just got a 97 mustang GT I'v been horsing around with it until something went wrong! It's in first gear. I can pull it back to secong gear and it feels like there is nothing there but I feel 3rd,4th and 5th. When put in nuetral it still acts like it's in first. When I try to put into reverse it won't go nowhere. It acts like it's in first and in reverse and is fighting each other. The mechanic I talked to said he thinks some kind of pin in the shifter assembly has been sheered or broke off and that is causeing this. A friend said could be shift forks are bent or broke. If anyone has had a problem like this please help this is my first mustang and im stumped

• Sponsors (?)

My 3650 did something like that i broke my shift fork and pins. My tranny was stuck in 4th gear. I bet you broke the pin, and you probly have synchro damage also. Get a TKO or rebuild yours. And put a stage 2 clutch in while you are at it.

ok i hopefully find out tommarow what is broke. if shift forks are broke would a tranny out of a stock 01 cobra be a good replacment? if so what would i haft to chang to make it work? im really workn on a tight buget. does an aftermarket shifter help with the problem that occuerd with my tranny?

ok i hopefully find out tommarow what is broke. if shift forks are broke would a tranny out of a stock 01 cobra be a good replacment? if so what would i haft to chang to make it work? im really workn on a tight buget. does an aftermarket shifter help with the problem that occuerd with my tranny?

I know the 96-98 Cobra T-45's have different cross member mounts so they aren't the same. You are better off looking for a stock t-45 or 3650 from a GT. Yes an aftermarket shifter with shift stops would help prevent the issue you had.

Bill