i got problem with installation of transmission. hurry please

• Sponsors (?)

My train of thought is weird and cluttered but here it is.

Is the tranny being supported on a trans jack?

Try messing with the output shaft with your hand while putting the trans in.

When the trans was off, was the car started at any time? If so then you have to realign the clutch.

What year is your car? If you have a fox, and are using a 94/5 t-5 the inputshaft is longer.

Sorry for the cluttered post

More than likely, the clutch plate is not in alignment with the pilot bearing. An alignment tool is $3 at most auto parts stores. Don't try to align the clutch disc without it: you just make more work. Stick it in the clutch disk and use a long prybar on the back side of the clutch fork if the cable isn't connected. PRY for all you are worth and try to wiggle the alignment tool into the disk and then into the pilot bearing hole. If you unbolted the trans from the engine at the bellhousing, you will need to pull the engine back out. Then loosen all the clutch pressure plate bolts and use the alignment tool to line the clutch disk up with the pilot bearing. Torque down the clutch pressure plate bolts and try again

hey guys i think its actually what one of you said. the alignment. i had my mother buy a clutch pilot tool. well i forgot to tell her to get a 2.3 liter one becuase i have a 4banger transmission. well she go the 5.0 one. owell an extra tool. well i thought it was in the pilot bearing but i guess not. so now i just got home from buying a 4banger pilot tool. oh by the way i replaced my rearmain seal thats why i had the tranny out.

oh another thing is that if i try to spin the output shaft it wont spin. my gues is becuase the input shaft on the trans is already thru the clutch disc just not in the bearing. so tomorrow im going to re align. but let me tell you working on a car on a gravel driveway on car ramps is a bi!tch