I Had An Epiphany Last Night

I have had a lot of mustangs,alway's wanted a conv. but also was unsure of noise, body flex etc. I LOVE my car,won't own a coupe now. I only drive it on dry day's and it's kept in a garage, it has 44k on it and most of it was with the top down.

Coupes are faster,but with a KB on mine they are few and far between. a convertable makes cruising a whole different experience. I have no leka issues and it is quieter than you would think.

If you perfer a coupe, get a coupe.Rent a conv. and see if you like tho.those cars look sweet, But I have A problem buying something that expensive with out seeing it in person

• Sponsors (?)

I have had a lot of mustangs,alway's wanted a conv. but also was unsure of noise, body flex etc. I LOVE my car,won't own a coupe now. I only drive it on dry day's and it's kept in a garage, it has 44k on it and most of it was with the top down.

Coupes are faster,but with a KB on mine they are few and far between. a convertable makes cruising a whole different experience. I have no leka issues and it is quieter than you would think.

If you perfer a coupe, get a coupe.Rent a conv. and see if you like tho.those cars look sweet, But I have A problem buying something that expensive with out seeing it in person

Yeah I live in Houston and would go take a look personally.

Yes insurance is more on Saleen than a regular GT and will be close to Cobra since its considered a speciality car, I've looked into this.

Sorry but the only people that will give you more attention in that car are young kids and people that dont know jack about cars. Those same people think Civics and other imports are sweet too, all show, no go.

What I dont get is that you want to sell your GT that you gave $20k for and put $5k that you will be lucky to get $13k and then want to go out and spend $20k+ on a bone stock GT with a bodykit. You will lose close to $12k+ doing this, be spending more on insurance and still have a 14sec. Where you could keep your GT finish the kit off and put a blower on it and eat up Saleen Extremes.

some guys (like me) never want to buy what they can build...and some people never what to build what they can buy :shrug:

for what it matters, I give a lot more respect to a well built GT than a well bought Saleen or Cobra