I have a '92 Fox GT-Front 5 lug change with '01 cobra????

• Sponsors (?)

you'd want 94-95 spindles to keep the stock track width. rotors could be warped, brakes calipers could be frozen...personally i wouldn't trust ANY second hand brake parts to save a little dough. let someone else chime in though.

good luck :nice:

I agree with above. But the rotors can be resurfaced. The calipers could be sticking, I mean why would someone peel off their stock Cobra calipers? They work awesome. Even if they are working properly, the cobra calipers suck on a Fox and even an SN95. That swap had enourmous brake fade and stiff pedal, my 95 GT WOULD NOT STOP with that set up. Best setup and I have posted this 100,000 times.....PBR's from a 99up V-6 or GT. Use the brackets, calipers, rotors, and the brake lines. You will need a $1.37 union on the passenger side to reduce the thread size.

I agree with above. But the rotors can be resurfaced. The calipers could be sticking, I mean why would someone peel off their stock Cobra calipers? They work awesome. Even if they are working properly, the cobra calipers suck on a Fox and even an SN95. That swap had enourmous brake fade and stiff pedal, my 95 GT WOULD NOT STOP with that set up. Best setup and I have posted this 100,000 times.....PBR's from a 99up V-6 or GT. Use the brackets, calipers, rotors, and the brake lines. You will need a $1.37 union on the passenger side to reduce the thread size.
Are you saying the PBR's will fit on stock Fox spindles?
I have a set of the big piston ones lying around, was going to put them on my '66 vert instead of the Granada's. But if they fit a Fox...

I agree with above. But the rotors can be resurfaced. The calipers could be sticking, I mean why would someone peel off their stock Cobra calipers? They work awesome. Even if they are working properly, the cobra calipers suck on a Fox and even an SN95. That swap had enourmous brake fade and stiff pedal, my 95 GT WOULD NOT STOP with that set up. Best setup and I have posted this 100,000 times.....PBR's from a 99up V-6 or GT.

I have different results.

I upgraded from the PBR's on my 2003 GT to Mach 1 calipers and rotors. The difference was night and day. No more fade, i can lay into the pedal hard and feel the car want to stop. Awesome performance. I then later drove a friends '04 GT with the stock PBR's and noticed a huge difference. I was coming off an interstate at 90MPH with it and layed into those brakes and could just feel the car not stopping as well as my car with the Mach 1 brakes. When i got back into my car, it felt so much better.

I even have the Cobra brakes on my Fox and love them.

BTW, this is one reason why someone would take Cobra calipers off their car. I want to buy a pair for my own Mustang next time i get some spare cash

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=621

image.php

Are you saying the PBR's will fit on stock Fox spindles?
I have a set of the big piston ones lying around, was going to put them on my '66 vert instead of the Granada's. But if they fit a Fox...

No, you will need the bolts, and lines. 94-95 Spindles too.... You will need a union for the passenger side. The flex line female end is too large for the male hard line. The thing only costed me $1.37 with tax.

ok....the o1 cobra stuff ...thats loaded pindles including pbr calipers,rotor,spindls all bolt right on to your 92 no problem. I did it. now you do need adaptors for the lines but thats it. as for the rest...you will need master cyl, adj prop valve, booster to make it all work properly. believe me it will pull your teeth out when you hit the peddel. also 32mm off set wheels will be needed as well.

DCP03279.JPG