I have began to piece together my supercharger..have some questions

I am in the process of piecing together a vortech supercharger on my 98 npi vert.....

My plan is to install in the spring and also install a pi intake and some modular headshop npi stage 1 or 2 blower cams all in the same weekend, ( I am not installing pi heads or porting my npi's as 10 hp is not worth it to me), My questions are what kind of power numbers can I expect, my car is an auto with the j-mod being done Saturday (if that makes a difference)...I am fine with 300 rwhp or more? also between now and then I will be installing a set of 3.73 gears and getting a sct tuner..Also when I take it to get tuned around how much am I looking at price wise, since I got cams and a supercharger to be tuned..... or how exactly does that work?

btw...this car has 60,000 miles so I have a good base to work with as far as longevity with the engine is concerned.

Sorry for all the questions guys I just like to plan ahead of time. I don't wanna bother with a bunch of small mods as far as power is concerned, I'd rather get to the stuff that makes a difference.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of dyno? And how much boost?

With PI cams, 75 mm TB, K&N drop in filter, offroad Prochamber, Flowmaster cat-back, and a roots style blower (replaced the NPI intake) at 7ish pounds of boost, I made 325 rwhp on a Dynojet, which calculates to about 305ish on a Mustang Dyno.

300 rwhp should come pretty easily. With blower cams and more boost (I assume), I'd think you could make 350+.

I am in the process of piecing together a vortech supercharger on my 98 npi vert.....

My plan is to install in the spring and also install a pi intake and some modular headshop npi stage 1 or 2 blower cams all in the same weekend, ( I am not installing pi heads or porting my npi's as 10 hp is not worth it to me), My questions are what kind of power numbers can I expect, my car is an auto with the j-mod being done Saturday (if that makes a difference)...I am fine with 300 rwhp or more? also between now and then I will be installing a set of 3.73 gears and getting a sct tuner..Also when I take it to get tuned around how much am I looking at price wise, since I got cams and a supercharger to be tuned..... or how exactly does that work?

btw...this car has 60,000 miles so I have a good base to work with as far as longevity with the engine is concerned.

Sorry for all the questions guys I just like to plan ahead of time. I don't wanna bother with a bunch of small mods as far as power is concerned, I'd rather get to the stuff that makes a difference.

Thanks

i think you should throw on a set of PI heads to compliment the cams..you can never have enough power. you might as well if youre going to install the cams, intake, blower plus valve springs?.. i have a set of pi heads for you if you want.. depending on the amount of boost you run and the tune, youll surely get 300-350 rwhp. dyno time costs around $500 where i live in Michigan. definently get it tuned though on a dyno, its well worth it.

Yea, considering that you have my modifications plus a little extra boost and blower cams, I would think 350 rwhp on a Dynojet shouldn't be a problem.

And even if you don't make what you want or expect to, don't get too caught up in the numbers. My car with 325 rwhp has run mid 12s and is a TON of fun to drive. Irregardless of the total numbers, an extra 150 rwhp (along with the side effects, ya know, no traction, rolling burnouts, the 'oh ****' reaction from passengers, etc) is going to put a smile on your face for a LONG time. Ask me how I know. :D

And even if you don't make what you want or expect to, don't get too caught up in the numbers. My car with 325 rwhp has run mid 12s and is a TON of fun to drive. Irregardless of the total numbers, an extra 150 rwhp (along with the side effects, ya know, no traction, rolling burnouts, the 'oh ****' reaction from passengers, etc) is going to put a smile on your face for a LONG time. Ask me how I know. :D

This is so true - I know my 303 RWHP Mach ain't the fastest thing around, but it looks good, sounds good, still drives like new and it'll get out of its own way. Do I want more power? Sure, but don't worry about bragging rights - just be happy with it.