35th Anniv I just picked one up....

• Sponsors (?)

58k miles. For me, for a stang, that's very low. But, i'm too used to the 5.0, I have alot to learn about the sn95 and the 4.6. Thankfully I have the'99, I was pretty disgusted the first time I drove a '98 stang GT. Big difference they did a good job with the heads and all, on the 99+ 4.6.

So yeah i'm a newb to sn95 period, and new to the ohc too, im sooo used to ohv I could rip apart my motor and throw it back together in a day, ofcourse that doesnt include picking the motor and putting back in.

Any advice for me, for my 35th?

One thing i've noticed, the power is inconsistent, just like my 5.0's I had. But with them, they just wanted to be cool, and they'd run great.

The newer cars I guess are made to run hotter, better for emissions or whatever, but...I dunno it's like one minute It feels like a cobra, and the next a stock fox stang or something. Although on the highway it is always consistent, 3rd through 5th it pulls strong as hell all the time....

I've ordered a magnaflow magnapac and a roush cold air. Hopefully they'll help some.

Overall im happy with it, it's certainly stronger than the 5.0, and from what i've read, and understood, the 4.6 seems a far more reliable engine also.

But i'm sure it's not like a 5L where I blow a head gasket and 4 hours later i'm driving again....LOL ......yes, sometimes i'd just throw the heads right back on, not even have them checked.