I KEEP BLOWING A FUSE??????????

STANGFASTFAST

Jun 20, 2007
SA, TX
I HAVE A 95 MUSTANG GT DSS351 PRO BULLET WITH A COUPLE OF MODS.....I WAS DRIVING IN THIRD GEAR CLOSE TO RED LINE AND AS SOON AS I LET OFF THE GAS THE ENGINE SHUT OFF. WELL COME TO FIND OUT I BLEW A FUSE...IN THE OWNERS MANUAL IT SAYS ITS FOR THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT MODULE, GENERATOR WARNING LIGHTS, AND EEC PWR.RELAY COIL. I TRIED TO CHANGE IT OUT BUT I JUST KEEP BLOWING FUSES.. OH AND THEY BLOW RIGHT WHEN I TURN THE KEY BUT BEFORE THE ENGINE TURNS OVER. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

WIthout the EEC relay, you're SOL.

Was this fuse 18 inside the car?

Start chasing wires. You might want to PM Adam with the 95 because I'm pretty sure he was blowing this fuse (we had like a zillion page thread about it). He might have some insight (I think he had a gauge wiring issue).

If you can provide more info, that will help. Also read through Adam's thread to see if anything jumps out at ya.

Good luck.

Disconnect your ignition coil and see if it still pops.....I know when my coil took a **** it keeped blowing a fuse...Not sure if it was that one though

Well I'm glad this thread got opened seeing how my car suddenly done the same thing saturday. I replaced this fuse (#18) and the car ran fine until today when it popped the fuse again this time though after it popped the fuse it pops every fuse I put in it as soon as the ignition switch is cut on.

I haven't even gotten around to fixing my tps problem and now this:bang:

If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all.