I need a clutch cable that is made in the USA...is that too much to ask for?

Highbredcloud

Mar 4, 2003
Palos Hills, IL
well is it? :shrug: I just ordered and received one from Ford Racing and it's made in Taiwan...I'm really upset since before I placed my order through Summit I actually called Ford Racing and specifically asked if it was made in the USA...they lied to me...Nothing against the people from that part of the world but I need a quality piece and not some half-a$$ed cable that some 3 year old made while being in a hurry not to be late to his Nike sweatshop...anyone know where I can get a cable that is made in the USA? :flag: thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i recall when the cables were outsourced - a bit of a stir. that said, many have used the cables with no problems.

i dont have an answer to your question though. good luck.

Hey, just on an aside, made in Taiwan no longer guarantees it's a POS. Their manufacturing processes have improved in the last few decades, to the point where the things made their are no longer cheap enough for the Walmarts, Kmarts and Targets of the world. So now everything they sell is made in China, where cheap labor is still cheap. Cable made in Taiwan? Should be good. Cable made in China? For the price you paid for it you can't be complaining.

I would suggest just buying a new ford oem clutch cable. I personally have never liked adjustable cables. I had one in my old 91 5.0 hatch that was nothing but a pain until I replaced it with the stock version. If you want adjustability just get the firewall adjuster.