I need help on hot rodding a truck

DrSmith

Sep 2, 2004
Maine
Hi, sorry to post this on a mustang site, but it is semi mustang related. It is almost time to put my mustang away for the winter. The prices on trucks are really good right now. I would like a hot rod truck, but I need four wheel drive here in maine. In your opinions, which of the newer fords are the best to "trick" out? I might wait until the svt raptor comes out, but I'm also cheap and don't know if the price will be right. How would one of the v-8's on an f-150 be with a supercharger? I don't think that I could do much with the suspension on a four wheel drive truck, that is why the raptor looks so good to me. I guess what is tough is that the trucks are selling for such great prices right now, I could buy the right truck and then upgrade it myself, much as I plan to do with my mustang. I am really getting to hate the maine winters, this will only be my third year of putting my car away, and I'm already missing it. A hot rod f-150 would make it all worth while.
Thanks for your opinions,

• Sponsors (?)

To answer your question about my being "cheap", look at your own mustang mods. My wife has encouraged me to buy a gt500, but I just don't think they are worth what they are asking. I would much rather take my car and mod it myself, being cheap, I think for me that is the better route to go. If the cost of the gt500 was close, or I could have optioned my car to have a bigger engine, I would have gone with it. I really wanted to fall in love with the gt500, but it did not seem to be worth what they were asking.
I love driving my mustang and want a truck that is fun to drive, the raptor looks great, but again, knowing myself I would probably be happier getting a good deal now and putting a blower on it. I would go with a lightning except for the four wheel drive part, which I need in Maine. I guess I'm not exactly cheap, just like to spend my money the way I'd like.
Thanks,
Doc