I need hope, whose.....

• Sponsors (?)

They will only last under power if built right. The newer 99+ trannys will last somewhat but a stock aode from a 94-95 wont last too long. The best way to make them last is to do a shift kit and replace some springs and other mis parts that you can change while the trans is in the car. And get a tranny cooler.

I'm close.... will let you know on the 21st at our track rental day. Should have my Timing Control Module in and installed by then. The goal is 13's N/A and 12's on the juice. I want to reach this goal on my street tires too.

BTW - motor is untouched internally. 174,000 miles and still going. :nice:

I have a friend with a teal 95 GTS with an auto who went up to the maryland drag event a couple weeks ago. He took his passenger and rear seat out, borrowed some drag radials, and upped his timing. He only has basic bolt ons; no internal work. Ran a 13.7 at 103 on his best run. He has the basics like exhaust, CAI, MAF, pulleys, smog delete, and 3:55's, and only a shift kit as far as the tranny goes. So its very very possible.

fiveo'cobra said:
I have a friend with a teal 95 GTS with an auto who went up to the maryland drag event a couple weeks ago. He took his passenger and rear seat out, borrowed some drag radials, and upped his timing. He only has basic bolt ons; no internal work. Ran a 13.7 at 103 on his best run. He has the basics like exhaust, CAI, MAF, pulleys, smog delete, and 3:55's, and only a shift kit as far as the tranny goes. So its very very possible.

That's very impressive indeed. :nice:

The AODE or 4R70W will KILL any gear slapper at the drags with the right mods. If your trans isn't Jmodded with a 3000 converter by now you don't know what your messing with.....Once you do this you will feel like you have a whole new car!!

I don't know where i'm at but when my AODE blew up around 120,000 I had it rebuilt. New everything. 3000 convertor, and a shiftkit also. Then I added 4.10's...

Wow.. it rocks hardcore.