I need some SERIOUS HELP!!!

jaysstang

Mar 3, 2006
Italy
I am in the military stationed overseas. Im in a remote location where the locals have no clue about American Cars. I have a 2001 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 Convertible. Heres my problem. When I turn on my headlights all 3 lights light up in the rear, like normal. I turn the headlights off. Turns signals on both sides, 2 outer lights work. When I depress the brake pedal, the only light that comes on in the back is the top mount trunk light. I checked the bulbs, they are fine. I didn't think it could be the brake light switch since the top mount works fine. Checked all fuses. Also, when I use my keyless entry to set alarm or open, all lights in the rear light up, which rules out burned bulb. Any Ideas?????

• Sponsors (?)

Boy, I don't know.... I'd say the likeliest problem is a bad headlight switch, since it's the only place all that stuff comes together. The Mustang headlight switch is a known trouble maker.

The Mustang is still an 'analog' car as far as the electrical system goes. I've worked on cars that had similar problems, and had to pay $80 for an electrical relay that controls all the lights. I miss the $2 flashers you can buy in the car parts stores!