I NEED to run a 14.1 quarter mile, How?

LT1Killa

Oct 16, 2003
I have a 90 GT AOD Mustang Hatchback with my mods in my sig. Here's the deal, a friend of mine has a 95 Trans Am 6 speed and he has gotten it a best e.t. of 14.1 at the track. My question is, If I get BFG drag radials, could I match his 14.1? This is for strictly for bragging rights. Hence the name, Lt1killa. I just wanna piss him off because I have three times less money in my car than his. Let me know if it is possible.

• Sponsors (?)

LT1Killa said:
I have a 90 GT AOD Mustang Hatchback with my mods in my sig. Here's the deal, a friend of mine has a 95 Trans Am 6 speed and he has gotten it a best e.t. of 14.1 at the track. My question is, If I get BFG drag radials, could I match his 14.1? This is for strictly for bragging rights. Hence the name, Lt1killa. I just wanna piss him off because I have three times less money in my car than his. Let me know if it is possible.

I think with the tranny done(shift kit,stall and rebuild)and some drag radials you can take him out!Oh and throw out the jack and spare(heck even the passenger seat) for the extra leverage,cool.High 13's man!

You think so. Is there any other bang for the buck mods I can do rather than the tranny stuff because I have been thinkin it over and I may reconsider. I love pissin this guy off!

LT1Killa said:

the main thing i would be scared about is the AOD. my friend has an 89lx 5.0 with a t5, headers, and a 3.73 and ran a 13.49 @ 109.

gxnos said:
the main thing i would be scared about is the AOD. my friend has an 89lx 5.0 with a t5, headers, and a 3.73 and ran a 13.49 @ 109.

theres no way your friends car trapped 109mph unless your forgetting to mention some mods... and if he did trap 109 and ONLY ran a 13.5... well 109 is good for 12.8's at least.

I've run 14.0 @ 99MPH with similar mods.

My car has
3.73's
stock untouched 100K mile AOD
CObra intake
65mm tb
pullies
electric fan
headers
stock 4-cat h-pipe
cat-back exhaust
K&N w/14 degrees timing

I did it on street tires with a spinning 2.2 60 footer. I forgot to mention it was a lighter LX and speed density so that helps a bit too

I put drag radials on the basically stock 91 and it didnt help that much. The biggest thing you can do that will help your launch is a CONVERTER. It will justify the drag radials (because you then wont hook well at all on launch). From what Ive experienced a good one will drop you .3-.5 seconds if you have proper traction.

You know once you get the Drag Radials though, he's just going to turn around and fault you for not running regular radials....or remind you that his car would still be faster with the same tires. I say if the converter isn't in your price range right now, install the shift kit for the time being, lose some weight, loosen the sway bar, inflate the front tires to 45psi and start experimenting with your launching and shift rpm. You should be able to eek 14.1's. When you do that, he can't claim that you "cheated" by using D/R's. :nice:

5.0GT said:
I think that if you get the drag radials, you will have the extra edge over this guy. I remember the first time I beat a modded LT1, it was a good time, i'll tell you. Your mods sound good, and as long as you hook up, I don't think you will have too much of a problem.

Chris

Why DRs, just get ET streets, same cost better grip.

If you're not loosing traction, don't bother with either.

you should be able to get a 14.1 with your current mods imo. my stock AOD car wasnt much slower than my C4 car and it only had a CAI and pulleys (well 9.35-vs-9.18 1/8th mile). not even an h-pipe or mufflers. had to do the 1-D-1 shuffle to get it to hold 2nd.

I figured a 95 Trans AM 6 speed would be faster than 14.1...some mostly stock fox guys are running that or faster....geez. I agree w/ Gearbanger, though, he'll just say you have better tires and he's not hooking up...he might even buy better tires himself and come back and smoke your ass again.

TheUser said:
I figured a 95 Trans AM 6 speed would be faster than 14.1...some mostly stock fox guys are running that or faster....geez. I agree w/ Gearbanger, though, he'll just say you have better tires and he's not hooking up...he might even buy better tires himself and come back and smoke your ass again.

I agree. I have a 90 LX 5.0 with a T5. My best with nothing other than a K&N and bumped timing was a [email protected] (I was PO'd that I didnt break 100 MPH lol)

Anyway, whats your best ET to date with the car? that would give us somewhere to start.

LT1Killa said:
You think so. Is there any other bang for the buck mods I can do rather than the tranny stuff because I have been thinkin it over and I may reconsider. I love pissin this guy off!

Since your heads are stock, I can port your lower or supply you with one ported that will perform as good or better than an aftermarket on the stock heads. Paste the link in my signature for more info. Results historically have been in the 15HP range. Cost is $150 outright INCLUDING shipping with a refund of $20-25 (depending on shipping cost to you) if you send me your lower back, total investment then is ~$125-130.