I ordered my new 2005

toddrGT05

Sep 5, 2004
CT
I did it today I ordered my new 2005 GT Silver premium with medium parchment interior I got it for $500 under MSRP + the AQHA $500 . I sold my 2001 GT a few weeks ago and the withdrawal was starting to get to me. I was going to wait until the middle of year but when I finally got to see one with my own eye’s that was it.

No I just have been talking to them about the new mustang for about 6 months so I think they just gave me the $500 off to keep me happy and they gave me a print out of eligible affiliate programs and the only one I could use was the AQHA. It cost me $35 to become a member I have to wait one month to use the rebate but the car won't be in for 6 to 8 weeks and I think 10 to 12 is more likely. The sales men lives around the corner and he said I can take his 2003 Mach 1 for a spin.

Confession

The last Ford I owned was a 66 Mustang. I have been a corvette fan for many years but have been driving trucks for a long time. I decided to have a little more fun and put my name on the local list for the new c6 vette. With in the last few days i have seen the new vette and the new Mustang in person for the first time and what a shocker. The vette was fugly but the Mustang just took me back. long story short the Mustang has been ordered and the vette cancelled. Can't wait!

GT premium
Redfire-dark charcoal
5 speed manual
upgrade interior/leather
bright wheels

jetcap said:
long story short the Mustang has been ordered and the vette cancelled.

The internals of new Vette are awesome (engine, suspension, structure, packaging, etc. But in the flesh it somehow leaves me cold. It just seems to be lacking a "presence" in it's body styling.

351CJ said:

The internals of new Vette are awesome (engine, suspension, structure, packaging, etc. But in the flesh it somehow leaves me cold. It just seems to be lacking a "presence" in it's body styling.
Sorry if my post was a bit wordy. I agree the body style was just not what I had hoped for.

Congrats! Welcome to the forum. Man, there have been a lot of new posters in this forum lately. The '05 is really kickin' it off!

wjlane said:
Congrats! Welcome to the forum. Man, there have been a lot of new posters in this forum lately. The '05 is really kickin' it off!

How is Mother Rucker? Spent two tours there over the decades. I was just trying to " be all you can be "

CW2 jetcap

x

if u dont mind me asking how much did u put down on the car, and do u know your monthly payments yet, along with insurance cost??

I only needed to put down $300 to order the car. My plan is to put down a total of $8000 and that should make my payments about $330 and my insurance will be about the same a car and a truck for $1500 a year.
Todd

jetcap said:
How is Mother Rucker? Spent two tours there over the decades. I was just trying to " be all you can be "

CW2 jetcap

It seems like a nice low-speed place to relax but everyone seems to be on edge about EVERY little thing. I don't let it bother me though, I'm enjoying it while I can. Oh yeah, we can't "Be all we can be" now because we are too busy being "An Army of One"! HOOAH!

I would like some more info on the Active Anti-theft system
can some one help me out and any pictures of Medium Parchment
I stopped by the dealer today and my order is in, waiting for the VIN but I have time to add or change the colors
Thanks
Todd