i really messed up this time... HELP!! (PICS)

ok guys, well i had an exhaust leak on the pass side where my x-pipe bolts to the manafold. no big deal, i figured it was a crappy gasket. so i decided to take off the x and replace the gasket. the idiots that i had put on the x, cross threaded the damn bottom bolt, so it was hell trying to get it off. well, i got the top one off, but i stripped the bottom one.. pretty bad i think. it is almost all the way off the screw too, but its still cross threaded :bang: ... well anyways, i cant get it off any further. i guess part of my problem is that i have the car on ramps that arent very high, so i dont have much room. my question is, what do i have to do now to get that damn bolt off?? it is pretty stripped, take a look at it. i hope i dont have to take that header off??? or should i just swallow my pride and have it towed to an exhaust shop for an arm and a leg?? i would rather not do that. thanks for any help.

Attachments

• bolt2.JPG
    bolt2.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 248
  • bolt3.JPG
    bolt3.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 255
  • Sponsors (?)

Im having the same problem with my upr x-pipe it keeps leaking at the manafold. Did you use that little peice that came with it?? Mine was leaking bad on the left side and we stuffed the extra peice that came with the pipe in it and it seemed to stop the problem but now I think the other side is leaking. Im gonna try getting gaskets. as the for the metal peice I dont know how we are gonna get it out....

03MGT said:
Im having the same problem with my upr x-pipe it keeps leaking at the manafold. Did you use that little peice that came with it?? Mine was leaking bad on the left side and we stuffed the extra peice that came with the pipe in it and it seemed to stop the problem but now I think the other side is leaking. Im gonna try getting gaskets. as the for the metal peice I dont know how we are gonna get it out....

that metal piece is supposed to be in there on the driver side. UPR called that the "seal"...... dont know if it works too well. i think i just might buy a different brand x.

do you have AAA in your area? if so a way to save money would be to get a "membership" its a flat rate and it will cover you for FOUR service calls/tows. it will be cheaper or equal to ONE tow and in case you need another tow you just came out on top of the game.... thats only if you need a tow though... other wise i think its possible to replace the stud. not 100% sure though, never had to do it. good luck bro

Do you have a sawz-all or a dremel or something that you could cut the bolt off with...it looks like it would be a tight fit though. If not, then just drive it to the exhaust place, you dont need it towed. Just put the rest of the bolts back in, and tell them what happened, they will tap the headers for you, and give you some new bolts.

four.six said:
that metal piece is supposed to be in there on the driver side. UPR called that the "seal"...... dont know if it works too well. i think i just might buy a different brand x.
Ya we didnt put it in at first and it was leaking like a muther... But the f`ing thing still leaks I swear I hear it and its pissing me off. I dunno im gonna try the gaskets, hope that solves my little problem.. What do I ask for at the dealership?? Manafold to midpipe gaskets??? Or is there a spacific name for them??

03MGT said:
Ya we didnt put it in at first and it was leaking like a muther... But the f`ing thing still leaks I swear I hear it and its pissing me off. I dunno im gonna try the gaskets, hope that solves my little problem.. What do I ask for at the dealership?? Manafold to midpipe gaskets??? Or is there a spacific name for them??

i think it is called an exhaust flange gasket.... i dont think that will help u though, i thinkg UPR just makes a ****ty x-pipes. guess thats why it was so cheap.