I think Im losing my mind...

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i am putting together my 87 GT and now im thinking i wont be happy with the SN93 paxton supercharger...So i see a few guys running an ON3 turbo kit on the corral and they seem to love them and they seem to make tons of power? Do they really make that much more power over a supercharger?...The complete kits are like $1500 i was thinking i can sell my paxton and upgrade to a turbo what do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

when i go with a power adder i am really thinking turbo. i usually hear people being much happier with turbo's and... it will give me a chuckle hearing that blow off sound coming from my mustang. so yeah do it man! turbo powah!

It takes alot of power to run a supercharger so it's harder on the engine to make the same power at the wheels as a turbo. Going turbo is the way to do it.... not to mention all the neat sounds it'll make.

Thanks guys...Anyone hear of on3 Performance?...there kit is about $1500 i know its not the top line but for what i want it for do you think it wll be ok?

Oh yeah will i be able to runs in the 12's with a turbo[7psi] on a GT40 head,1.7 cobra roller rockers..Comp cam Specs..212 [email protected] 224 [email protected] 544/544 duration and 114 center line,Trick flow Track heat intake..70mm TB.42lb injectors,255 lph fuel pump,DBX 95mm MAF...and an AOD with a 2500-2800 stall and now with a turbo i can gear it down 3.55's?

I would love twins too..but this is a single Turbo..This what the kit comes with..
Turbo Headers and Crossover Tubing Constructed of Mild Steel and Stain Black High Temp

- Turbocharger - On 3 Performance, .70ar Coldside, .68ar Hotside, and T-4 Flanged Journal Bearing

- 3” 304 Stainless Steel Downpipe, V-band Connections, 16 Gauge

- 304 Stainless Steel Dump Tube

- 3” Intercooler, Inlet and Outlet - Bar and Plate Core

- 3” 304 Stainless Steel Intercooler Piping, Turbo to Throttle Body

- All Silicone Couplers (Black) Needed and Stainless Steel T-bolt Clamps

- On 3 Performance 46mm Wastegate (Black)

- On 3 Performance 50mm Blowoff Valve (Black)

- Blow-off Valve and Wastegate Flanges Installed and Welded

- 304 Stainless Steel Power Steering Cooler Line

- On 3 Performance Wastegate Springs

- Oil Feed Kit With All Fittings – Stainless Braided Feed Line

- Oil Drain Kit With All Fittings

- Alternator Relocation Bracket kit

- Stainless Steel V-band Clamps REVISED 8mm Bolt Now

- Complete Fastener Kit With Gaskets

- Small Zip-Ties ( To Secure Vacuum Connection )

- Complete Instruction Package with Photo, Amazing We know!

Turbos are great. That's the route I'll be stocking with my 95 eventually. If you can hook and drive well, 12's are absolutely nothing with a turbo setup. If you're fuel and turbo are up to the task, feel free to ramp up the boost for power on demand mostly. Our local turbo 5.0 aficionado guarantees 450rwhp out of his 'junkyard turbo kits' on a 5.0 with just obvious exhaust modifications, and that's with a safe tune. I have a friend with a TT 300zx making around 400rwhp, and it's a hell of a fun car just from the sounds those twins make! :nice: