I think my old car is faster than my new car, and i am pretty sad about it.

94GTMOOSE

Jun 27, 2005
jersey shore
i was driving my car the other day and pulled up to my buddy in his big chevy pickup. we've raced before but not with my gt. i used to have a 92 sho and beat him pretty bad every time.

i was pretty confident that my mustang was faster the the SHO but sure enuff her pulled on me of the line and i had to play catch up the rest of the way and couldn't pull it off in the end.

so i am thinking that my 92 sho was faster then my current mustang. i am almost embarrassed. hell i am embarrassed. ITs a slush box auto super stock gt that slower then balls.

april 1 is my birthday and i think that is the day i finally put on the parts stashed away in the garage.

I have a gt-40 intake (real one not explorer) 70mm throttle body. Pro Products throttle body adapter. I also have almost everything to make my car a stick.

sorry for the rant

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, 5.0 SN95's aren't the fasted cars stock, plus you got the AODE draggin' you down further. Takes an HCI/nos/blower to wake these things up. Get some gears too. Those SHO's aren't anything to scoff at though.

i think my 94 is damn fast probley as fast as my 93 i got all the money in.....maybe someone already put gears in the rear or something...:shrug: its got a shift kit but i dont think thats enough i love the power my 94 has... oh yeah 94 aode/ 93 t5

This comes to you as a surprise? I smoked a 94-95 GT with my dad's V6 Explorer once when I was making a trip to get a part for the stang. I was almost ashamed.

:bs: it probably was a piece of **** that run like **** (That or you didn't notice the tow truck pulling it:rlaugh: ) ..... Sn 95 5.0 arent the fastest stang but they will beat any v8 or v6 explorer. Believe me iv road in both. As a matter of fact my older 3.8 beat a v6 explorer

I hope it does because if I don't trade for this fox I am definitely going to swap a 5 speed into my 95.

If you would get 3.73's or 4.10's it would really wake the auto up. But I just want a 5 speed so I'm going to do the swap.

My cousin used to have a 90 SHO 5-speed. On the street, we would stay pretty even with the stang usually ending up ahead. On the track, I had him by about .5-.6 in the 1/8. I think he ran a best of 10.1 out of only 4 or 5 runs.

I think my Mazda could almost beat my brother's 94 AODE stang. :lol:

i need to look into a converter...what do you recomend since my new combo will be like your old...nos yes!

At lease a 2000 stall, 4:10 gears, alum drive shaft, shift kit with steel ball in the val body, and LOTS of timing:) I had a 95 gt and it was sick. I started to take it out back and shoot it, But did the same mods and was very happy!

Forget the 5.0. In my o, our cars are too heavy for them. So what if yo ucan run twelves in it with gearing, turbo, supercharger or huge $$ buildup. Well, it is fast then..but..They were good in the foxes because the foxes weighed ALOT less. Plus in those days 5.0's ruled.

For me, the lack of real low end grunt plus the fact that every car seems to come out of the factory with 300 horse, I am going BIG ASS engine. Blow them all away like the old days, lol.