I want to paint my 08 PINK!! But how much should it cost me...?

Dime Piece

Jan 12, 2012
I don't want to get ripped off, I want a paint job that of course doesn't chip or look bad, but I don't need two toned candy paint or anything. How much around do you think I should pay? (I live in NOR Cal if that helps) Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you're serious about painting pink well....

molly-pop-mustang-9_450.jpg

Something like this will probably cost you $8k+

i136517.jpg

This on the other hand... $2.95 per rattle can for as many as it takes to cover the car. :O_o:

It all COMPLETELY depends on the quality you want from the finished product. Shop around, get estimates, and have a clear idea of what you want. If you can't draw, find someone who can and map it out for whomever paints the car. The pink nightmare above... :puke: I dunno what they spent on it but it was too much. The one in the top picture... someone had and idea and the talent to pull it off.

Attachments

• molly-pop-mustang-9_450.jpg
    molly-pop-mustang-9_450.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 4,454
  • i136517.jpg
    i136517.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,713
There are too many variables to answer that here. The biggest one is the current condition of your car's paint and body which will determine the amount of prep work that would be required prior to painting. The amount of body preparation needed will have a huge affect on the cost. If the car is flawless and i mean really flawless then you can probably get away with a paint job from one of those chains like MAACO.Thats not the way I would go but it is an option. Otherwise you would need a top notch body shop and your probably looking a few thousand or more. Also keep in mind that since your changing the color to do it right your talking about spraying the door jams, under the hood and trunk etc that adds bucks as well The best thing to do is get some estimates from various reputable shops in your area,

I don't want to get ripped off, I want a paint job that of course doesn't chip or look bad, but I don't need two toned candy paint or anything. How much around do you think I should pay? (I live in NOR Cal if that helps) Thanks!

My friend painted pink stripes on her dark grey metallic mustang...might as well do something like that than paint it pink...nless yuore going to keep the car foever..the stripes cost about 500. but if youre talking a full paint job its into the 2000 dollar plus range because they have to still paint the parts of the car you dont see so it matches..unless you only paint the outside of the car...but then your engine compartment will be stock color and also the insides of your doors...economy paint in riverside in socal does a 300 dollar paint job..but only to the outside..normally to redo a bad factory paint job or make an older car look new again.

So its in your best interest to not paint the car and leave as is. or if your car is white or black, paint Pink stripes. 12 inch stripes look good.

here it is and plus what Ive done to the rims for her.
399323_2982337002675_1389471900_3207321_1307854090_n.jpg

My friend painted pink stripes on her dark grey metallic mustang...might as well do something like that than paint it pink...nless yuore going to keep the car foever..the stripes cost about 500. but if youre talking a full paint job its into the 2000 dollar plus range because they have to still paint the parts of the car you dont see so it matches..unless you only paint the outside of the car...but then your engine compartment will be stock color and also the insides of your doors...economy paint in riverside in socal does a 300 dollar paint job..but only to the outside..normally to redo a bad factory paint job or make an older car look new again.

So its in your best interest to not paint the car and leave as is. or if your car is white or black, paint Pink stripes. 12 inch stripes look good.

here it is and plus what Ive done to the rims for her.
399323_2982337002675_1389471900_3207321_1307854090_n.jpg
This looks really nice!

Does California require you to have a front license plate? I was just thinking how much nicer it would look without it.
Sadly they require a lot of things. Front liscense plate, super strict emissions laws. if the car is from 1975 and up it must pass those smog checks....its ridiculous. ruins some plans I want for my car. I might just set it up so when it needs to be smogged ill make it so it passes.