I Was Owned By Ls1

JJ88GT

May 10, 2005
I run low 13.'s in the quarter with minor bolt ons and gears so when this ls1 revved at me i thought i could give him a run or atleast hang yeah right we blocked traffic and staged we launched an then there was a ls1 blur that went by me he was gone there wasnt even a race anymore my pride his hurt and now im going all out all new everything ive got 8g's to spend and i want a ls1 eater i do care about some drivability but i can put up with a big cam and so on :owned: :( :damnit:

Do you guys have any suggestions for a solid 425 hp to the wheels or is that going to be enough all proven combos please come in.

• Sponsors (?)

JJ88GT said:
I run low 13.'s in the quarter with minor bolt ons and gears so when this ls1 revved at me i thought i could give him a run or atleast hang yeah right we blocked traffic and staged we launched an then there was a ls1 blur that went by me he was gone there wasnt even a race anymore my pride his hurt and now im going all out all new everything ive got 8g's to spend and i want a ls1 eater i do care about some drivability but i can put up with a big cam and so on :owned: :( :damnit:

Do you guys have any suggestions for a solid 425 hp to the wheels or is that going to be enough all proven combos please come in.

Whats the exact combo now, and the exact times from the track. Will help us get a better idea what you need to do. You might just need traction, or maybe a bunch more power. 425 is HCI and a SC running low boost, but you need the supporting mods, some you might have, some you might not!

My mods now are gt40 heads and intake ud pullies 70mm tb 76 mas stock cam and bottom end 3.73 gears upper&lower lca's timing set at 14* cai bbk shorties and bbk off road h spintech mufflers with full exhaust. I was thinking of going trickflow track heat kit on a 331 shortblock with a s trim sc and a 125 shot of nos just in case its close and all the other supporting goodies ie fuel mas tb and a good dyno tune

No matter what you do to your car there will always be someone out there that will absolutely smoke you....that's just the way it is :( So if you're gonna spend 8 g's everytime someone beats you in a race, you'll be forever spending money, lol.:D......but hey, that's what owning a mustang is all about, more money, more go-fast parts! :D

This is the dumbest damn thread I've read in TECH in quite some time. My boy put the "8g's" in a money market, on a house, or on your education..you may need it down the road for more than beating a damn car in a street race.

hey dman i own my own home and my own business dont tell me where to put my money my stang is the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes all im asking fo is hp power combos that are proven for 425 horsepower thats it

To me if you are smart enough to own a home and a business...you should know that a car w/ YOUR mods would of got owned. You tried. Get more cubes, and you dont have to spend 8 grand to beat a LSI.

DMAN302 said:
This is the dumbest damn thread I've read in TECH in quite some time. My boy put the "8g's" in a money market, on a house, or on your education..you may need it down the road for more than beating a damn car in a street race.

I agree bro, there are more important things. However I'd just bolt an S-trim or spray your current combo. And go from there. :cheers: