If There Could Be Only One (further Research On An Earlier Statement)

image.png

This with a modern drivetrain(ZR1 Vette would work)
Jeff Lutz' 57 Chevy is one of my favorite cars ever no doubt
image.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

First my Vert, so I dont need any others, then -

This one - cause supercar, gotta have one

6846.jpg

This cause they were cool in school - 240Z

datsun_240z_silver_by_zenix13.jpg

I loved Eleanor, but I'm getting burnt out on every 67/68 fastback sporting a gone in 60 seconds body kit. Not that I wouldn't sell all of my vehicles and my kids into servitude for one, but I actually prefer to see a period correct fascia on a gt350/500 now. There was a guy in town that made a 67 Shelby clone with the side pipes, but kept the 67 Shelby front with an added lip spoiler. Was sexy as hell.

I loved Eleanor, but I'm getting burnt out on every 67/68 fastback sporting a gone in 60 seconds body kit. Not that I wouldn't sell all of my vehicles and my kids into servitude for one, but I actually prefer to see a period correct fascia on a gt350/500 now. There was a guy in town that made a 67 Shelby clone with the side pipes, but kept the 67 Shelby front with an added lip spoiler. Was sexy as hell.

I would absolutely rock an original bodied GT500 with a similar drive train and wheel set up. I have just always drooled over the car in that vid since I stumbled on it years ago. Plus, here in little ol' Iowa, I never see an Eleanor running around. My point to posting that car is I want to have that sweet power, sound, style, and be able to fit my whole family in it to cruise.

Reactions: 1 users
Watching them push the mustang and charger through the turns and jumps in that movie was insane. No cg, no CAD developed suspension, no hydro boosted brakes, or compound tires. those guys pushed the cars to the limit.

I know,...I saw the movie at the theater,on the big screen (It was shown at the base movie theater,...it was probably about 5 years old by the time I watched it in 72-73) The chase scenes were almost like being in the car on the downhill in-car parts.

I think the Charger lost 6 hubcaps.

If you watch part two when McQueen loses control and hits the embankment the entire front end of the car is destroyed. They used 4-5 cars to make that scene, most of them fitted with a 289, I believe there were two 390 cars for the high speed stuff.

Reactions: 4 users
I know,...I saw the movie at the theater,on the big screen (It was shown at the base movie theater,...it was probably about 5 years old by the time I watched it in 72-73) The chase scenes were almost like being in the car on the downhill in-car parts.

I think the Charger lost 6 hubcaps.

If you watch part two when McQueen loses control and hits the embankment the entire front end of the car is destroyed. They used 4-5 cars to make that scene, most of them fitted with a 289, I believe there were two 390 cars for the high speed stuff.

lol Mike..I must have watched that movie at least 100 times in my life.. he passed the same VW beetle going down a hill about 4 times and the V8 sound was actually a ferrari engine soundtrack if I recall correctly.

WHY NOT BOTH?!

Because you can only pick one! And @madmike1157 , while I would also love an original Bullitt car, that black and silver Eleanor is just my thing. I was 17 when the remake of Gone in 60 Seconds came out, so it's just stuck with me like Bullitt and the original stuck with you, ahem, "older" guys. I know, I know, a sheep in the flock, blah blah blah. But at least my sheep has 4 wheel disc brakes, modern supension/steering, and 815 intercooled horsepower and 733 lb ft of torque at the wheels.

Reactions: 2 users