If There Could Be Only One (further Research On An Earlier Statement)

• Sponsors (?)

Torino Talledega

image.jpeg
King Tobacco's Galaxie

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

MIND=BLOWN.

I have never heard of nor seen that galaxie until now. That's the coolest thing I've seen in a while!

Googled it and found this. You guys gotta read it:
http://www.stanceiseverything.com/2016/01/wtf-friday-the-tobacco-kings-ford-galaxie-500/

Reactions: 1 user
11.jpg

Always wanted one. When I have the money, they're scarce. When I'm broke, they're everywhere.
When I got out of th army in '84 after my first enlistment, I bought a new '84 Z28. Of course they had to come out with the IROC in '85! Car got stolen twice and they destroyed it the second time:cry:.

2002_ford_f-150_svt_lightning_2_dr_supercharged_standard_cab_stepside_sb-pic-46199-1600x1200.jpe

I like to live in the real world. Might actually happen someday :shrug:

those are a lot of fun! i miss my black gen 2

but the gen 1 handles the truck duty just fine

Attachments

• 189471_4297749379_8196_n.jpg
    189471_4297749379_8196_n.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 109
  • truck and trailer.jpg
    truck and trailer.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
When I got out of th army in '84 after my first enlistment, I bought a new '84 Z28. Of course they had to come out with the IROC in '85! Car got stolen twice and they destroyed it the second time:cry:.

I had an 84 Z28 too. I bought it to flip. It was the car I learned to paint on, and it didn't turn out terrible. Bought it for $250, sold it for $3500. Wish I still had a picture of it.

Reactions: 1 users
Well,....That was a interesting diversion.....seems that there is a community here after all.
Like I said in post #1. There were two reasons behind my post. #1 was obvious.
but beyond that,....
#2. I was just curious.
Given the choice to have the "Ultimate,"... How many would choose the car they currently own...Nobody did it here,..but over at FEP,......several did.

Imagine a Fox mustang as the "Ultimate" car money can buy..........:think:

Nope,....can't do it.

The same qualifiers over there for the most part, (though not my thread) Several of those guys have such a hard on for a four eye Mustang, the car they OWN is the one that they'd rather have than any other car ON THE PLANET! (Talk about brand/model loyalty) One guy, (The guy that bleeds the bluest), preferred his Zephyr box top over all others.

See, that's what the mindset is over there. When I say Stepford,....I mean *Say it like a robot in your head..

Ford is the only car......Mustangs are the best,......Chevrolets are the Devil's scum,......Foxes have four eyes.......let's have a light beer...

These are the people that win the lottery (481 million), and go out and buy a 84 GT 350.

Reactions: 5 users
Well,....That was a interesting diversion.....seems that there is a community here after all.
Like I said in post #1. I was just curious,......Given the choice to have the "Ultimate,"
How many would choose the car they currently own...Nobody did it here,..but over at FEP,......several did.

Imagine a Fox mustang as the "Ultimate" car money can buy..........:think:

Nope,....can't do it.

The same qualifiers over there for the most part, (though not my thread) Several of those guys have such a hard on for a four eye Mustang, the car they OWN is the one that they'd rather have than any other car ON THE PLANET! (Talk about brand/model loyalty) One guy, (The guy that bleeds the bluest), preferred his Zephyr box top over all others.

See, that's what the mindset is over there. When I say Stepford,....I mean *Say it like a robot in your head..

Ford is the only car......Mustangs are the best,......Chevrolets are the Devil's scum,......Foxes have four eyes.......let's have a light beer...

These are the people that win the lottery (481 million), and go out and buy a 84 GT 350.
The only fox that would make my dream car list would be a 1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren hatchback 5.0/5spd in black. It's be 2nd choice behind a red IROC on my "realistically could afford to own" dream cars, which, at 31 years old, are the only ones I still dream about. (3rd place would be a '78 Mustang II King Cobra).

I life in the real world. I can afford a fox body. I can't afford my dream cars. I really enjoyed this thread. Thanks Mike! It made my Monday.

As far as FEP goes...became a member there a few years ago. Been on that site maybe 10 times in that time period. Love 4 eyed mustangs. Not a fan of their "members"-mission statement. I'm not a purist. I have my preferences but am fairly open minded about this hobby.

The only fox that would make my dream car list would be a 1986 Mercury Capri ASC McLaren hatchback 5.0/5spd in black. It's be 2nd choice behind a red IROC on my "realistically could afford to own" dream cars, which, at 31 years old, are the only ones I still dream about. (3rd place would be a '78 Mustang II King Cobra).
The thread parameters did not restrict you to "what you realistically could afford" I opened it up to "what would you have if you could."

I life in the real world. I can afford a fox body. I can't afford my dream cars. I really enjoyed this thread. Thanks Mike! It made my Monday.

As far as FEP goes...became a member there a few years ago. Been on that site maybe 10 times in that time period. Love 4 eyed mustangs. Not a fan of their "members"-mission statement. I'm not a purist. I have my preferences but am fairly open minded about this hobby.
That makes two of us. While I'm not a fan of a cross breed swap, I'm not adverse to it. I do tend to walk by them at the shows,...but would do the same to a numbers matching 100% concourse resto of a 85 GT just the same.

It's the diversity that makes the hobby attractive to me. The fact that guys here posted up pics of Chevrolets and Ferraris, and just about everything in between, makes for an entertaining walk through of the thread.

Reactions: 1 users
The thread parameters did not restrict you to "what you realistically could afford" I opened it up to "what would you have if you could."
I know, but honestly, after years of dreaming over this, or buying that to get as close as I can to something else. I'm over it. It's just not that much fun if you can't reach it. Used to be, that would've been a Zonda, or a Koenigsegg, or a classic Jag or Aston.

These days I want another third-gen Camaro (had two in high school), preferably a red IROC, to swap in a T56 and a 5.3L truck motor into with heads, cam, intake, and maybe nitrous, and a 12-bolt rear with all the suspension goodies and end up with a dead-reliable 450-500hp daily driver.

I want it bad enough that I just might sell my II to do it (and I love that damned car!).