Electrical Ignition start acting as ignition on

Problem figured out. The ignition switch wiring had a bunch of cuts and splices and some time during the moving around of the dash the red/lt green wire came out of its butt connector. I’m just glad the wire pulled itself out when I was messing around with them.

If anyone may have a similar issue in the future and you’re positive it’s not the switch or the rod, check the wiring right around the switch.

I appreciate everyone’s help. This was extremely frustrating and I’m glad it’s over.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Assuming you removed all the butt splices and soldered them all? What a complete pain in the ass.
I found it late last night so I haven’t done anything yet but once I get off work today if it’s not raining I’m going to start. Whoever did all of it butchered it to death and I’m going to end up not having enough wire once I take off the other end of the butt connector so I’ll have to get some appropriate gauge wire and will fix it all up and solder it all.

Would this help?

Not sure how long the pigtails are but for $5 it may be the ticket. LMR also sells it but its double the cost.

I appreciate it that did help. There was an advance auto close to my work so I went and picked one of those up from there and I rigged the wire up to work in the mean time. Car now runs perfectly and fires right up. Now I need to fix a vacuum leak that I most definitely caused by letting the dash sit on the hvac control vacuum block lines.