Ignition switch wiring 1965 Mustang

rosaprop333

May 11, 2020
Norcal
. I am having an issue with solenoid not stopping from trying to run starter all the time or not having proper voltage at coil. Installed 2 bbl carb, headers and aftermarket distributor. New solenoid, new starter, new wire from solenoid to starter. New ignition switch and new neutral safety switch. Problem started right after header install. Maybe heat ruined "I" and "S" wire? I was troubleshooting and pulled instrument cluster to access ignition switch, trying to access it from bottom was impossible/extremely difficult. Attached picture is of ignition switch. I have wiring diagram. connector coming off side of ignition switch in picture is not shown in diagram. pink wire in picture with male end is shown in diagram but is shown hooking up to test light but my light has one wire not two shown in diagram. The wire with female 3 hole connector is not shown in diagram. Trying to figure out where these three wires get connected

Attachments

• IMG_8913.jpg
    IMG_8913.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 621
  • Sponsors (?)

Edit. I think I figured out the wires. The 3 hole female connector is for V8 with tach. The pink and red with green stripe go together, wiring diagram shows two wires coming off charge light but that was V8 version not inline 6 like I have. Blue with red stripe goes to neutral switch. Yellow to alternator.
Question/Clarification
With key to On
No volts at S wire
I wire should have ? volts
When turned to start S wire has 12 volts.
If S wire has 12 volts at On then this is a ignition switch problem, yes?