Im changing my O2 Sensors this weekend.. Anything I should know?

• Sponsors (?)

Tell me about it. same thing happened on a the header stud. Somehow while unscrewing the bolt, it crossthreaded itself and we ended up busting the stud off. Its a press in stud, so its gonna be a PITA to repair.

Sometimes the differing coefficients of expansion (dissimilar metals joined together) can cause issues (Parchisis's experience).

I'd hit the O2's with PB the night before removing them, and then again right before removal.

The neverseize idea for the new ones is a very good idea. Just keep it away from the probe itself.

Good luck.

You should have no problem taking them off. Mines where the originals with 154k on them and i just pulled them off few weeks ago. Just used some wd40 car completly cold some crows feet wrench socket and the came out super easy. Good luck:nice:

You should have no problem taking them off. Mines where the originals with 154k on them and i just pulled them off few weeks ago. Just used some wd40 car completly cold some crows feet wrench socket and the came out super easy. Good luck:nice:

It helps if you have the o2 socket as well, I got under the car jacked up and expected to get them out...I couldn't...had to bring it to a lift! :-O.
You're probably more mechanically inclined than I am, though.