I'm installing dual super car fuel pumps. Do I need to change/add a fpdm???

Nov 20, 2011
I haven't got a solid answer from anyone who knows about FPDMs. I'm installing dual super car fuel pumps and I'm not sure what I need to do with the fpdm, or if I need to do anything. Any experience out there???

• Sponsors (?)

Just got this from lethalperfomance.com "Over the last few years we have been finding ways of making a more efficient fuel system. We began with upgrading the fuel pumps to stronger higher flowing pumps which were able to deliver the fuel however the stonger pumps ended up drawing too much power from the FPDM (Fuel Pump Driver Module). At that point an awesome solution was introduced which is the modified FPDM. This modified FPDM worked incredible and still works as a very good solution for allowing the use of these stonger pumps and dropping fuel duty cycle allowing for more power to be made safely. In 2007 the Shelby GT500 was released. The Shelby is the first Ford production car to offer a dual FPDM system which designates 1 FPDM per pump. This showed to be a great functioning setup as it lowered duty cycle even more by allowing minimal amperage to be drawn from the FPDM as the FPDM only needs to handle 1 pump at a time. In addition to adding the 2nd FPDM into the mix we have taken the next step to offer the infamous Lethal Performance Wire Upgrade kit along with this package which is a simple and effective way to increase power to both FPDM's allowing them to work at their best capacity. Our wire upgrade kit unlike others out there includes all high quality wire and components. We use a fused 8ga line which feeds power to the FPDMs along with a relay which allows for a simple install."