In car camera mounts

Does anyone on here have in car homemade camera mounts? I want to make one for passes at the track. Im thinking of some type of sheet metal bracket mounted to where the dome light is, but im not sure yet. Just seeing if anyone has anything that works well. Thanks guys:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I test fit mine on a tri-pod in the back seat of my vert. I put one leg on each side of the floor behind the front seats and wedged the other leg in the crack of the back seat. It seamed pretty solid, but I think if I did it for real I would tie some weight to the front legs like milk jugs full of water or something like that. My 91 has a cage so I would probably just get a mount for that.

At one point I had the camera point out the back window and my buddy asked me what I was doing. I said I wanted to record my competition :)

There are headrests mounts to buy. You attach it to pass headrest and the camera hangs out in the middle above the center console. Friend has one and it takes great vids. I forget the name though...was $40