in need for some help with suspension

So, my buddy has an 02 gt, he has the eibach sportlines, with the shock/strut package it came with, and he's gonna sell his car, so, i asked him if he wanted to trade shocks/struts and springs and he said yeah, thats fine.

my only concern is, his shock/strut and springs have about 40k miles on them, im pretty sure the springs (and no, they do not sag, and they never have) will be fine, but i was wondering, will his shocks and struts be fine for now on my car till i buy some new ones, im gonna pick up new ones in about 3 weeks or less.

he never really abuses his car, and its been in one accident, but the car was repaired and runs perfect.

i want to do it really badly cause it'll save so much money.

what else should i be concerned about ?

• Sponsors (?)

The springs will be just fine, i've never ever had a problem with sportlines and your right not to worry.

The shocks..mm 40k, it should still have atleast 15+k left in it..and really for a straight up trade, for performance shocks and sportlines, i'd jump on it without even thinking.

The springs will be just fine, i've never ever had a problem with sportlines and your right not to worry.

The shocks..mm 40k, it should still have atleast 15+k left in it..and really for a straight up trade, for performance shocks and sportlines, i'd jump on it without even thinking.

Thanks for the input, i should be doing new shocks/struts soon, so, i just wanna save some money, and like i said, he pretty much babies the car, so, he doesnt really have hard driving on it, he did it more for looks, which is what im looking for right now.

thanks man.

40K should be fine man. I took my 145K shocks and struts off my 91 notch, and they still feel just fine. I actually just put them back on, because I didn't want to waste hundreds on something I didn't really need.