In need of serious help!

Basically, my 2000 mustang is my only car at the moment, so i need it to do what i need, however it seems to have other plans. I like to do kost things myself as i dont have the money to be paying mechanics. A couple weeks ago, i had a leak in my water pump, so i bought a new one. There were a few issues, but for the most part, it all went smoothly. The heater core inlet tube(?) Was stuck, so my neighbour decided to start smashing at the old water pump and chipping it to get the tube out. I wasnt for it, but it seemed to work. Unfortunately, he ended up warping the tube and jabbing a hole in it. I have stopped asking him for help since that. I walked and got jb weld to help seal it up because the leak had gotten worse. The jb weld worked for a couple of days until it started leaking again. I figured temperature was the issue, so i got high temperature putty. This doesnt seem to be working either. I also bought radiator stop leak hoping it will do something, and im currently leaving it overnight. I have to drive to toronto and back, twice a week 75km each way, so that i can visit my child, and because of this leak issue, i have missed 3 visits that are being used against me claiming that i dont care enough to see him. I need serious help, because i am screwed without this car. My wife and i are both disabled and live on a very tight income. The only reason we bought a mustang is because at the time, it was the only thing that we could afford that actually ran. I will include pictures of the mass of jb weld this has accumulated. I cant afford to take it to a mechanic but i also cant afford to lose this car. This is the only place the leak can be coming from to my knowledge

Attachments

• 20190512_232437.jpg
    20190512_232437.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 20190512_232451.jpg
    20190512_232451.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190512_232443.jpg
    20190512_232443.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Sponsors (?)

Honestly,with what you have spent on jb weld and stop leaks, you could have bought a replacement tube and been leak free.
But if JB weld isn’t your only option-you still need to take the tube out.clean off all the old attempts. Then scuff and wipe down the damaged area and apply a good amount. Leave it to cure for however long the package recommends

Honestly,with what you have spent on jb weld and stop leaks, you could have bought a replacement tube and been leak free.
But if JB weld isn’t your only option-you still need to take the tube out.clean off all the old attempts. Then scuff and wipe down the damaged area and apply a good amount. Leave it to cure for however long the package recommends
I couldnt figure out what the tube was called until a couple days ago. And how would i go about removing jb weld withouth damaging the tube?

I would be willing to bet it didn’t adhere very well. Probably just peel it off. The really stuck bits you can sand off or burn off. Word of warning-burning JB weld puts off a lot of smoke and stinks!! <———— Speaking from experience lol

I would be willing to bet it didn’t adhere very well. Probably just peel it off. The really stuck bits you can sand off or burn off. Word of warning-burning JB weld puts off a lot of smoke and stinks!! <———— Speaking from experience lol
I was think of sanding it off. It wont peel off, i tried that this morning. I used the steel reinforced epoxy which im pretty sure ill have to chisel off and the high heat putty which i mag be able to sand. I found the part i need for like 80 bucks online, but i want to make sure ill actually be able to take it off. Does anybody know how to take off that inlet tube or whatever it is? Any videos? Ive had a few people say it goes under my intake manifold.

I was think of sanding it off. It wont peel off, i tried that this morning. I used the steel reinforced epoxy which im pretty sure ill have to chisel off and the high heat putty which i mag be able to sand. I found the part i need for like 80 bucks online, but i want to make sure ill actually be able to take it off. Does anybody know how to take off that inlet tube or whatever it is? Any videos? Ive had a few people say it goes under my intake manifold.
So, ive done a bit of driving to see if its holding up. The leak has stopped, and im aware this is only a temporary fix but hopefully it holds up until i can get the part.

Does anybody know how to take off that inlet tube or whatever it is?
IMO you may be over thinking this. If this were my car likely I would replace the water pump at the same time. Why? Because likely there's the same metal erosion inside the nipple hole just like the bypass tube. That's why it's leaking in the first place. To me it seems silly to do the work and still end up with a leak afterwards. This goes double when this car is your daily driver.

OBTW, for others reading this post it might help if you mentioned the name of the part (water pump heater bypass tube right?). And maybe where you found it. Share the knowledge.

He
IMO you may be over thinking this. If this were my car likely I would replace the water pump at the same time. Why? Because likely there's the same metal erosion inside the nipple hole just like the bypass tube. That's why it's leaking in the first place. To me it seems silly to do the work and still end up with a leak afterwards. This goes double when this car is your daily driver.

OBTW, for others reading this post it might help if you mentioned the name of the part (water pump heater bypass tube right?). And maybe where you found it. Share the knowledge.
I actually just replaced the water pump a couple weeks ago. And thats when the leaks started getting worse because my neighbor damaged the pipe/tube

Ive got a service manual somewhere,I’ll see if I can find it.. A quick trip to YouTube will net you several videos to give you an idea of the job ahead of you

Rock auto has a genuine Motorcraft replacement heater tube
37F57AFA-3EC4-4037-8995-D8715E6286C7.jpeg

Ive got a service manual somewhere,I’ll see if I can find it.. A quick trip to YouTube will net you several videos to give you an idea of the job ahead of you

Rock auto has a genuine Motorcraft replacement heater tube
37F57AFA-3EC4-4037-8995-D8715E6286C7.jpeg
Thats the one i was looking at. In CAD, itll be about 80 bucks. Id have looked up videos, but everywhere i look gives me a different name for it so its hard to find videos.

A more permanent temporary fix might be just to bypass the heater core entirely, ie. remove the broken return tube and cap it off, (provided you can find a cap that fits) and then cap off the sending tube as well. You won’t have any heat, but the engine will still cool. Could get you through if the part is too expensive right now. Your cooling system is under a lot of pressure; hard to get a polymer or adhesive to hold back that kind of force.