Progress Thread In The Beginning, God said, Let there Be LUCIEL!

Maximimum motorsports rear grip package with HD lowers, panhard bar and torque arm is $1100.
An IRS alone costs almost as much as that and out of the box other than ride quality, it's inferior in every way.

I take no issue with IRS swaps (I personally don't like limited wheel choice).
But for many users it really needs to be heavily upgraded.
MM upgrade kit's range from $600 to $1200 and level 5 half shafts are $1600.
Which Subframe connectors did you end up getting? The ones with the seat supports?

YES!

• Sponsors (?)

Found these for $250. Going to grab them this weekend.

Attachments

• 20200409_102010.jpg
    20200409_102010.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20200409_101956.jpg
    20200409_101956.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20200409-101824_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200409-101824_Facebook.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 94
Then there needs to be no more talk of a solid axle, you've made up your mind. :nice: :)

To go along with the "how much money are you willing to spend" part of it all, they're never "done" so money will almost ALWAYS be spent. lol Hell, I'm STILL spending money on my car and I've had it since I was 16 - so that's 32 years of parts buying for mine.

And yes, people are inherently selfish, you'll most likely never find someone who has your best interests at heart near as much as yourself. There's almost always some kind of selfish agenda that motivates others, so you're ultimately the one who needs to fuel your fire.

Now, half of the fun is being able to do the work yourself. An IRS swap is an involved project, but not impossible - at least I don't think it is....? I don't have any experience with it but obviously others do. Hopefully you can learn what the challenges are and pick their brains enough to be able to tackle it yourself - as long as you have the tools and space to complete it. Hell, all of this talk has me looking at an IRS swap for my vert! lol It's a pipe dream for me at this point, but I KNOW I have the space and the ability to get it done. I'd definitely be in the same boat, asking about this or that as it presents itself.

I was even looking up flares and stuff and found someone on Ebay who makes different flares similar to the Meiers Racing flares, but these are made of steel. They're essentially deeper wheel well lips, and in my opinion they'd be the way to go for me. I'd definitely have to have someone do the body and paint for me though, I'm not confident enough in my abilities when it comes to that. They offer different widths, so this is just an example and gives you the seller's id if you were inclined to look.

Oh, and in one of your videos you mention that you have a 4.10 ring and pinion setup already, are you going to stick with the 4.10s or send them back for 3.55/3.73s? And what is your car, an automatic or a 5 speed? I don't remember if you've said it anywhere or not.

Reactions: 2 users
Then there needs to be no more talk of a solid axle, you've made up your mind. :nice: :)

To go along with the "how much money are you willing to spend" part of it all, they're never "done" so money will almost ALWAYS be spent. lol Hell, I'm STILL spending money on my car and I've had it since I was 16 - so that's 32 years of parts buying for mine.

And yes, people are inherently selfish, you'll most likely never find someone who has your best interests at heart near as much as yourself. There's almost always some kind of selfish agenda that motivates others, so you're ultimately the one who needs to fuel your fire.

Now, half of the fun is being able to do the work yourself. An IRS swap is an involved project, but not impossible - at least I don't think it is....? I don't have any experience with it but obviously others do. Hopefully you can learn what the challenges are and pick their brains enough to be able to tackle it yourself - as long as you have the tools and space to complete it. Hell, all of this talk has me looking at an IRS swap for my vert! lol It's a pipe dream for me at this point, but I KNOW I have the space and the ability to get it done. I'd definitely be in the same boat, asking about this or that as it presents itself.

I was even looking up flares and stuff and found someone on Ebay who makes different flares similar to the Meiers Racing flares, but these are made of steel. They're essentially deeper wheel well lips, and in my opinion they'd be the way to go for me. I'd definitely have to have someone do the body and paint for me though, I'm not confident enough in my abilities when it comes to that. They offer different widths, so this is just an example and gives you the seller's id if you were inclined to look.

Oh, and in one of your videos you mention that you have a 4.10 ring and pinion setup already, are you going to stick with the 4.10s or send them back for 3.55/3.73s? And what is your car, an automatic or a 5 speed? I don't remember if you've said it anywhere or not.
I been sent those back.

They were an impulse buy, but after reading up and watching a few vids I came to the conclusion they weren't right for my end build.

5 speed

Also, the IRS comes with 355

Reactions: 1 user
I think you'll be happy with the 3.55s. That and a T5 swap is what I run in my Cobra.
Bro,

I'm confident in my ability to get this done and not afraid to f**k up. The bodywork and the painting is the part I have the most confidence in, TBH. I don't know, but attention to detail has always been my strong point.

I know this is FAR from a car

AND I know this has nothing to do with Mustangs, but...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171116-171255.png
    Screenshot_20171116-171255.png
    662.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20181222_105016.jpg
    20181222_105016.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 20181226_151859.jpg
    20181226_151859.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20190315_193324.jpg
    20190315_193324.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20190315_193331.jpg
    20190315_193331.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Winner
I didn't mean that I thought you couldn't do it, I meant that if I got them I'd have someone else do the work because I'm not confident in my ability. I probably could, but I don't trust myself when it comes to things like that. :shrug:
There's that and I seem to have WAY too many projects going on at once most of the time, so it'd kinda be nice to farm some of that kind of stuff out so I can concentrate on what I know I can do well.

The design/ fabrication of the car is at least a year off. I may begin making the molds of my front end and even get a template of my rear end, but I am not taking a saw to that car until I know enough about welding and bodywork.

SO, any foxbody lovers who think I'm going to hack away and destroy that car, understand this...

I'm too stupid to make that dumb ass mistake.

That's the reason I pestered Steve to the point of sending me to this pack of wild wolves. (The liquor is talking now..)

He saw that I needed help and he was tired of being the one to answer every stupid question I had. Notice he hasn't said a word in like 3 days on my thread...

My point is, I am relying on this forum and others to help me design, plan, and streamline my build. From "HER" (You already know who that was directed to... ;) ) performing at the level I expect her to, to cutting through the air with the least amount of drag possible.

Every choice I make is based mostly on YOUR experiences and I am using that to create a work of art.

(LIQUOR STILL TALKING)

This is my car, yes... my project, sure... my money and time, of course... but, each and every one of you ( Including you, Micheal) will have a piece in it.

I am truly grateful for your years of combined knowledge. I really am! You did this for FREE! Something you can easily charge for.

Mike, alone, has saved me hundreds of dollars with his knowledge... (Kissing a little ass ain't hurt nobody.)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Warhorse has got me so siked about autocross that I'm watching videos on how to autocross and strongly considering competing.

I have ordered my shorty headers and going to have a custom H-pipe done that will save me at least $200 bucks which will definitely benfit me in my end result. (on3 turbo)

SO, I guess I'm saying in part.

THANK YOU GUYS for supporting my current dream.

Only time will tell if I actually complete it, but I have a damn good start because of you guys.

And you too, MIke... Even though I think you're grumpy.

• Haha
I didn't mean that I thought you couldn't do it, I meant that if I got them I'd have someone else do the work because I'm not confident in my ability. I probably could, but I don't trust myself when it comes to things like that. :shrug:
There's that and I seem to have WAY too many projects going on at once most of the time, so it'd kinda be nice to farm some of that kind of stuff out so I can concentrate on what I know I can do well.
No worries.

I didn't think you were. I was merely telling you what I think I COULD do.

I've made a :poo: ton of mistakes in my life. Not once was one of them "TRYING"!

In fact, I wish I tried more than playing it safe. Every time I doubted my abilities and said F**K it, I surprised myself.

Believe it on not, but after I was canned in 07 (I was selling Mortgages back then) I was, technically, out of work for several years.

I taught myself online marketing and was making around 7k a month. It was only after I started to doubt myself that I became a truck driver and haven't recovered since.

Knowing my limitations is only that; I know my limitations... Giving in to them is how the spirit dies.

I REALLY need to put this bottle down...

The design/ fabrication of the car is at least a year off. I may begin making the molds of my front end and even get a template of my rear end, but I am not taking a saw to that car until I know enough about welding and bodywork.

SO, any foxbody lovers who think I'm going to hack away and destroy that car, understand this...

I'm too stupid to make that dumb ass mistake.

That's the reason I pestered Steve to the point of sending me to this pack of wild wolves. (The liquor is talking now..)

He saw that I needed help and he was tired of being the one to answer every stupid question I had. Notice he hasn't said a word in like 3 days on my thread...

My point is, I am relying on this forum and others to help me design, plan, and streamline my build. From "HER" (You already know who that was directed to... ;) ) performing at the level I expect her to, to cutting through the air with the least amount of drag possible.

Every choice I make is based mostly on YOUR experiences and I am using that to create a work of art.

(LIQUOR STILL TALKING)

This is my car, yes... my project, sure... my money and time, of course... but, each and every one of you ( Including you, Micheal) will have a piece in it.

I am truly grateful for your years of combined knowledge. I really am! You did this for FREE! Something you can easily charge for.

Mike, alone, has saved me hundreds of dollars with his knowledge... (Kissing a little ass ain't hurt nobody.)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Warhorse has got me so siked about autocross that I'm watching videos on how to autocross and strongly considering competing.

I have ordered my shorty headers and going to have a custom H-pipe done that will save me at least $200 bucks which will definitely benfit me in my end result. (on3 turbo)

SO, I guess I'm saying in part.

THANK YOU GUYS for supporting my current dream.

Only time will tell if I actually complete it, but I have a damn good start because of you guys.

And you too, MIke... Even though I think you're grumpy.
Oh...and it’s “ Psyched“
Sorry,....you ain’t the only one into the bottle tonight. :banana:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I’ve decided.

Ive decided that you have intrigued me enough to get my regular teeth out of the jar, and put the fangs up for awhile. For what ever reason you need to build a Judge Dredd helmet from scratch, and rattle can a hood that turned out as nice as it did ( from the inter web pics ) I’m thinking you have the necessary skills to completely build the car.
( I mean after all, it was just 3.5 years ago, I picked up my first ratchet, turned the clicky dude to clockwise, and tightened my first bolt).
So if I can do it, anybody can.

I think the main hurdle is gonna be that you need to pay somebody to get what you want. While that isn’t A big deal for specialized work like paint/auto body,..the fact that a most of your objectives are gonna have to be farmed out in order to get it done Is gonna force you to put on that helmet you made, and remind the “Citizen“ that has your sht, that “you are the law.”

I don’t know how I’ve saved you money at this point,But as long as you’re taking stuff off of what I do daily and saving money,..then all I can say is keep watching...if I’ve saved you this much before you even started on the build, by the time I’m finished with the car ( this time) you may be able to completely fund the pointless irs swap from the money I’ve saved you. ;)

The IRS isn't a hard install at all. The hardest part is the brake booster. The best way to tackle this is to do everything at once. Using a MM k member recommend 96 and up front spindles ( they are a dime a dozen at the scrap yards ) saves a few bucks over the 94- 95 that are getting rare. It would be best to stock pile front spindles, k member, front calipers ( 99- 04 cobra ), 93 cobra master cylinder, 93 cobra swap brake line kit, 93 cobra brake booster, sn95 brake handle, sn95 rear brake cables, sn95 e brake cable bracket in transmission tunnel, adjustable brake proportioning valve, IRS swap rear brake line kit, and a bump steer kit.

When the IRS is done the brake system has to be upgraded too. The only way around that us if the brake system is upgraded with sn95 rear disc brakes prior to installing IRS. Doesn't make a lot of sense to do it that way.

I use AJE k members and haven't had an issue. A couple members over the years have run into problems. My previous car was a daily driver for a few years with one in Baltimore ( the streets there are worse than NY city ). You get what you pay for.... I have installed them for a few people and didn't run into problems....but we may have been just lucky. There have been reports of them cracking at welds and not being square out of the box. I can say Maximum Motorsports k member is the best and strongest looking one that I've ever put in a car. I will go that way eventually...but right now I've got to deal with what I have.

Your painting is on point man. Fab work looks pretty good too. Making and pulling molds with the newer materials ( newer than 20yrs ) is a huge learning curve for me. I'm used to using plaster and fiberglass.

I haven't been drinking.... I'm almost always like this.

I’ve decided.

Ive decided that you have intrigued me enough to get my regular teeth out of the jar, and put the fangs up for awhile. For what ever reason you need to build a Judge Dredd helmet from scratch, and rattle can a hood that turned out as nice as it did ( from the inter web pics ) I’m thinking you have the necessary skills to completely build the car.
( I mean after all, it was just 3.5 years ago, I picked up my first ratchet, turned the clicky dude to clockwise, and tightened my first bolt).
So if I can do it, anybody can.

I think the main hurdle is gonna be that you need to pay somebody to get what you want. While that isn’t A big deal for specialized work like paint/auto body,..the fact that a most of your objectives are gonna have to be farmed out in order to get it done Is gonna force you to put on that helmet you made, and remind the “Citizen“ that has your sht, that “you are the law.”

I don’t know how I’ve saved you money at this point,But as long as you’re taking stuff off of what I do daily and saving money,..then all I can say is keep watching...if I’ve saved you this much before you even started on the build, by the time I’m finished with the car ( this time) you may be able to completely fund the pointless irs swap from the money I’ve saved you. ;)
Seems like you know a little about Judge Dredd.

I made the Lawgiver as well. Not the iconic one he used in the comics, tho. I hated the look of it.

Here's the prototype:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz_GD9QlXpw&t=214s

And this is the Finished Version:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_yVEFD7dZM&t=56s

Last edited:
The IRS isn't a hard install at all. The hardest part is the brake booster. The best way to tackle this is to do everything at once. Using a MM k member recommend 96 and up front spindles ( they are a dime a dozen at the scrap yards ) saves a few bucks over the 94- 95 that are getting rare. It would be best to stock pile front spindles, k member, front calipers ( 99- 04 cobra ), 93 cobra master cylinder, 93 cobra swap brake line kit, 93 cobra brake booster, sn95 brake handle, sn95 rear brake cables, sn95 e brake cable bracket in transmission tunnel, adjustable brake proportioning valve, IRS swap rear brake line kit, and a bump steer kit.

When the IRS is done the brake system has to be upgraded too. The only way around that us if the brake system is upgraded with sn95 rear disc brakes prior to installing IRS. Doesn't make a lot of sense to do it that way.

I use AJE k members and haven't had an issue. A couple members over the years have run into problems. My previous car was a daily driver for a few years with one in Baltimore ( the streets there are worse than NY city ). You get what you pay for.... I have installed them for a few people and didn't run into problems....but we may have been just lucky. There have been reports of them cracking at welds and not being square out of the box. I can say Maximum Motorsports k member is the best and strongest looking one that I've ever put in a car. I will go that way eventually...but right now I've got to deal with what I have.

Your painting is on point man. Fab work looks pretty good too. Making and pulling molds with the newer materials ( newer than 20yrs ) is a huge learning curve for me. I'm used to using plaster and fiberglass.

I haven't been drinking.... I'm almost always like this.
Hmmm

Whats the difference in price over the 95 to 96 Spindles?

94- 95 are the ones most fox guys want. They keep the suspension geometry about the same as a stock fox. In 96 the tie rod mounting point changed. The 96 to 04 cars are all over the JY. Doesn't matter for either year if gt or v6.

94-95 spindles are around 150- 300. The JY usually only charges 20- 25 bucks per side if you remove them yourself.

So, I decided to go with racing strips.

I had a bit of an issue with the taps and clear coat.... My first time ever doing this.... sigh

Video coming Soon!

Attachments

• 20200411_191858.jpg
    20200411_191858.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 20200411_191841.jpg
    20200411_191841.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 20200411_191849.jpg
    20200411_191849.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20200411_191831.jpg