Inherited a 5 lug conversion car, what brakes do I have?

KevinV

Jan 9, 2001
Hello,

I have a 93 GT that had a 5 lug conversion on it when I bought it. From a prior post, someone had said I have SVO fronts and ranger rears. That wasn't my focus at the time so I didn't follow up on it. I'd like to know now for sure so I know what I would need to get if and when I need new rotors/drums and pads. Can anyone verify from these pictures? (I've taken care of the spacer problem which is what these pictures were originally posted for.)

Thanks,
Kevin

20170806_101120.jpg 20170806_101148.jpg 20170806_102154.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

NHRA says it's ok to run a spacer if the threads go as far into the "hex portion of the lug nut" as the lug is wide. 1/2" lugs should stick past the wheel and into the lug nuts enough to go 1/2" past the tapered portion into the hex.

If you're not there, you should get longer lugs or a different wheel with more backspacing.

NHRA says it's ok to run a spacer if the threads go as far into the "hex portion of the lug nut" as the lug is wide. 1/2" lugs should stick past the wheel and into the lug nuts enough to go 1/2" past the tapered portion into the hex.

If you're not there, you should get longer lugs or a different wheel with more backspacing.
I replaced all the spacers with better quality and smaller ones and did the measurements. I had posted on that before when I took these pictures. I was having a problem with the lug nuts coming loose. Things have been fine since.

Reactions: 1 user
That is the most Mickey Mouse 5 lug conversion I have seen, seems like you are giving up some safety for the sake of different rims. I would do it right(no spacers)and go with rear disc also or go back to 4 lug. But its probably just my OCD acting up.;)