Injector question

Junkyard 03GT

Jun 14, 2019
Texas
So I purchased some OEM REMAN. Injectors for my 2003 Mustang GT. When I was inspecting them I noticed two have this hole inside while the other 6 do not. Anyways the seller says it’s nothing and that the filters on them were “expanded” when they installed them and it’s normal?

anyone know? Don’t want to install them and not be able to return them.

Attachments

• BD62A1E2-9485-4B06-8446-B80F46B0BD62.jpeg
    BD62A1E2-9485-4B06-8446-B80F46B0BD62.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 72
  • D1EBE097-1B59-45C9-8372-252C06AB0707.jpeg
    D1EBE097-1B59-45C9-8372-252C06AB0707.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Sponsors (?)

I have never seen a reman come in that way to my shop.

If this was happening at my shop. I would send the 2 back to the place I purchased them at and have the sales team swap them with two others that don't have holes there. My mechanics know that I am very picky on the parts we receive and anything that looks like a defect will not get installed. A good business will make the customer happy.

It does not matter if they will work or not. You have reservations about them and it will always be in your head that you could have just got them replaced before install. Make the company do the swap and then install them all. Peace of Mind is a great thing.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 1 user
I have never seen a reman come in that way to my shop.

If this was happening at my shop. I would send the 2 back to the place I purchased them at and have the sales team swap them with two others that don't have holes there. My mechanics know that I am very picky on the parts we receive and anything that looks like a defect will not get installed. A good business will make the customer happy.

It does not matter if they will work or not. You have reservations about them and it will always be in your head that you could have just got them replaced before install. Make the company do the swap and then install them all. Peace of Mind is a great thing.

Thanks, I am going to return them. I guess I'll clean my originals and lube them suckers up to install them back in.